1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel Sandy Bridge-E C2 stepping spotted

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 31 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Shayper09

Shayper09 Swimming in Deionized.

OcUK already have the new stepping in. Chips are labelled SR0KY :)

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Blimey, that was quick. Wonder if anyone's going to discount the old steppings to clear stock.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I would of gone for one of these for my next build but, Ivy Bridge is just around the corner from what is being said around the net April time at the moment.

I am more wondering about this new stepping if it bring's in more overclocking room.

5. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

Ivy Bridge, not Ivy Bridge-E (Q4?). Then again, if you always wait for what's around the corner, you'll never update your system.

C2 shouldn't do anything overclocking wise - it just fixes the Vt-d and probably some very minor things.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

With the hardware sharing that happen's with my family, the only time anyone else upgrades is when I upgrade lol.

I will upgrade to Ivy Bridge, and give my dad my whole pc basically, then 90% of his pc will be given to my brother in law, and then 90% of his pc will be given to my grandad and then my grandad's pc will either be sold or turned in to a new media server, unless I buy a board and ram for my I7 920 and use that for the server.

7. Shayper09

Shayper09 Swimming in Deionized.

Yeah, someone asked Gibbo if he had them and he checked. Not sure about discounts, I can ask if you'd like (I'm a regular over there :))

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I used them allot till I was banned because I took faulty hardware back, and they tried to tell me it was a issue with my other hardware that is now working in the exact same kit except this stuff isn't faulty.

Won't use them or recommend them again to anyone because of the way I was treated, so I stick to Scan now as I have never had a problem with them even when I had 5 motherboard's in the space of 2 week's all go faulty.

9. CampGareth

CampGareth What's a Dremel?

Friend of mine just commissioned me to build a £3k computer, so you know I bought a Sandybridge-E chip, thankfully he's not gonna use VMs, instead he's gonna be doing a ton of video work and of course a bit of gaming where a mahoosive peltier and watercooling should help him hit 5Ghz. Heck, it was possible with Nehalem so I'm gonna see just how far a 3930K can be pushed, wish me luck :D The new stepping should make no difference whatsoever when it's humming along at those sort of speeds. (Side note, I love throwing this kind of cash around)

10. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Still waiting for them to go in stock here in the US.. new system waiting empty without a CPU

Tags: Add Tags