1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other iPad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Miffers, 28 May 2010.

1. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Using the iPad to type this ooohhh yeah lol, it's ok not to bad

2. mrhrk01

mrhrk01 What's a Dremel?

Lucky so and so!

I would like to buy one but can't afford it, since I am saving enough money to buy myself a PC.

So how do you like the ipad so far ? what do you think of it ? what do you like and not like about it ?
    Can we see some pics (if forum rules allow?) ?

Sorry for the millions of questions, just interested in the product :)
    Have fun with it!

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I am hoping to pop into an Apple store this weekend to have a little pay about with one.

4. evitkus

evitkus What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 15 Jun 2010
  5. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

we have a few in the office (were releasing an app), and i must say i was underwhelmed.

they are deceptively heavy and typing was pretty awful. it does feel like a big iPod.

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

yep. there's a *lot* of potential with this form factor and i'm genuinely excited about where apple's going to take it, but it's a pretty terrible value proposition at the moment.

7. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

you just described Apple. except its forever.

8. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

not true. their computers are fantastic, and priced the same as equivalently specced high end windows computers. (when i say high end here, i mean 'premium' brands like Sony, not just high spec) the iphone is pretty much the same price as other smartphones, and the ipod, well that commands a premium but that doesn't seem to be hurting its sales...

as a tech head who looks purely at numbers, i'm sure you find most of that hard to appreciate. but others are happy to pay what apple asks for its products.

9. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

I really like it but sadly it's for my mothers 21st wedding anniversary but I've been using it today and it's really awesome. I went to the apple store in Brighton and it wasn't busy at all.. Just went in and brought it! Lovley little bit of kit!

10. Davzyii

Davzyii What's a Dremel?

I have one here as my brother bought it. Its pretty nice with some good aps but maybe a bit gimiky and not much point really getting one, but its quite nice to look at.

11. shadow19935

shadow19935 Whats overclocking? :D

meh i would rather use a stanley knife and write on my skin than use the ipad

12. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Any particular reason you would rather do that? Or are you just an apple hater?

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Exactly my thoughts. Just Apple's fooling the public into buying more stuff they don't need. You'd have thought they had enough money by now...

And as for Macs, I loath them. For what you get they're massively over priced, the OS and case can't cost £400+!! One of the guys I live with has one and it sickens me how much it cost. And he used Vista on boot camp more than OSX, all he needed it for was logic!! It's just Elitism!!

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You whippersnappers always using new-fangled technology these days!

Back in my time we wrote by gnawing words into our flesh with our teeth! And we only had 12 letters in our alphabet! And only one of those was a vowel!

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

How many word were there? :p

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Just the one, "Fffuuuuuuuu".

17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Like the world of Marklar...

18. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

So what can you use it for that my phone or laptop can't do? TBH I cant justify the price of it unless maybe I was looking for something to play games on and I didn't already own a laptop. Even then how easy would it be to type a full report on?

19. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Just checked one out today at my local BestBuy... Bit underwhelmed myself to be honest. Programs that are made for the iPod are enlarged pixel for pixel on the iPad, making any iPod application you already have look absolutely terrible on the larger screen. Programs that are made for the iPad look quite nice, but the majority of the applications I would use I can get and use fine on my iPod.

For all things my iPod can't do, my netbook can. I've also got a Barnes & Noble nook for reading on the go, so even the ebook feature on the iPad is null. I would much rather read on an e-ink display than a traditional LCD anyway.

20. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

I beg to differ on that point. When I was upgrading my phone if I wanted the basic iPhone 3GS on my current contract it would set me back £190 whereas a HTC Desire which has better features than the iPhone didn't cost me a penny. How can Apple justify that? I have no idea.