1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone Game Center to arrive next week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Sep 2010.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lol, how big is your bag? how much time you got to kill on the move?

iphone in one pocket, wallet + keys in other pocket. has seen me through university without problem, no bags. occasionally take the netbook i throw into lab locker for some programming-in-lectures.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's not a case of time to kill, it's just a personal preference. I know most of you would run a virtual machine, but I absolutely loathe 'em, and I need a linux box. I'd rather have a bit of extra weight than run a VM box. As insane as it sounds.

Oh, and this is work related rather than uni related. Uni saw me doing much the same as you - Taking the bare minimum to exist on a technical level.

The bag, despite my temptation towards Crumpler, will probably be a Slappa Mask K.O.A - As such, pretty beefy.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I've used a 3G and iPhone 4 and found that there is a very noticeable difference in speed. With the iPod, or for that matter MacBooks at similar spec I would not really expect to find one. Then again, with those I would see no reason to upgrade from last year's model in any case. How often do you have to upgrade an MP3 player or laptop? Just because Apple releases a new model does not compel us to buy it. ;)

And same with my post. Perhaps we should use smileys more. :D Possibly a strategy for current Israel-Palestine peace talks too. :p

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Perhaps you rag your iPhone more than I do, then :p

For me, the iPhone 4 hasn't offered a noticeable difference in anything other than a nicer display.

It doesn't compel us to buy it, no, and I've not paid for a Mac since the first MBP I used (the fourth Apple laptop I've paid for, and the last), but being "The Apple guy" for work tends to leave me with a pile of Apple hardware that our customers - Who are, apparently, mildly retarded - have asked to be "sorted out", which has left me with a fairly regular use of different spec machines, of all ages, and often ragging the hell out of them for the sake of thorough testing before they go back.

I can just imagine that - "And today, in the Palestine-Israel talks, they mastered the use of the :p emoticon."

5. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Holy crap! That Epic Citadel looks incredible. It's really amazing that they can do something like that on an ipod.

6. kempez

kempez modding again!

Well it's just a picture at the moment, I'll reserve judgement until it's a fully animated game ;)

Apple's strategy is sound business, release a little at a time and reap the profits. As I've seen in other articles, the problem is that Apple is so much the market leader and so much the innovator that there are iPod 'alternatives', but nothing else that leads the way.

I've had an iPhone since the 2G and they've all had decent improvements to them. The iPhone 4's screen is by far and away the best I've seen on a mobile device like that, nothing comes close. You can argue specs are short and things are missing, but it's a superbly capable device and does everything I want it to do: well and easily.

I'm no Apple fanboy and despite 'wanting' the gorgeous looking Macbooks and Mini's of this world, I'll stick with my ever-upgradeable watercooled PC with a superb Win 7 OS on it. The problem is though, the allure of those sexy macs is soo strong :p

I'm looking forward to some new games on the iPhone 4, but I'm not banking my hopes on replacing my MW2 fix ;)

7. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

Actually, Epic Citadel is a fully modelled citadel that you can walk around in... basically a tech demo of the UE3 port for iOS, and it's free

8. Synikal Ali

Synikal Ali What's a Dremel?

I might buy an iphone someday... maybe...

9. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I'm on Gamecentre as my forum name...however there doesn't appear to be any games compatible with it yet...

Tags: Add Tags