1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Am I duck as like, but I know the type of which you speak, unfortunately they never seem to have any 18650 mishaps

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I forgot to say - that is a very nice guitar!

3. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Nice, work asked me to get one for them, I thought it was funny when I said that'll be £135+ (so I bought a unbranded one from eBay for £9), but yours was a steal)

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I bought the same thing a week or so ago - I didn't realise at the time that it was covered in LEDs... Thankfully you can turn that off... Not a bad bit of kit tho, and nice that the tank supports the Baby Beast coil heads - nice little sidestep around the TPD tank capacity restrictions :D.

'S not smoke :grin:.

But I get your point. Sadly people who are wont to be c**ks will be c**ks regardless of what it is. And it's tw@s like that which put us at greater risk of having it banned indoors. My default stance is: assume you can't do it indoors (at a pub, bar, venue, etc) and go outside. If other people are vaping inside then I probably will too, but you at least need to make the effort to be considerate and not blow it in people's faces.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

How does this get around the TPD?

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I always vape inside. Until there's a law that says I can't I always do. And no I'm not a ****, I am just addicted to nicotine and always will be. Given our govt allowed that to happen (and allowed me to be put at risk for lung cancer and god knows what else) I will do it until I am told to stop.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The TPD limits tank capacity to 2ml - so unless you bought a larger tank before TPD came into effect (and can still get replacement coil heads for it) 2ml is yer lot before you have to top up. The tank that this kit comes with is called the "Big Baby Beast", which is effectively a larger version of an earlier tank called the "Baby Beast". When you install a Big Baby coil head in the Big Baby tank the capacity is only 2ml. However the Big Baby also comes with an adaptor to allow you to use the Baby coil heads; the Baby coil heads are far far smaller than the Big Baby coils so using them in the Big Baby (with the adaptor) almost doubles the tank capacity to 3.5ml. How they're allowed to do that under the TPD I'll never know - this isn't the only tank that has adapter or extension kits btw - but as long as they keep making coil heads for the Baby I'm not going to complain.

Apparently the 2ml limitation is to make the whole thing safer, so that you don't have a tank with vast quantities of juice in it in case you drop it and it breaks or something. But instead of large capacity tanks we'll just be topping up more often - so in terms of the amount of juice the average vaper might be carrying at any time the net reduction is a big fat zero.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I vape. I love nicotine. Helps stave of that dementia too, everyone should have some with their caffeine or alcohol.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Them ain't big baby atties, well OK they are now for the EU but back when the big baby beast was released the smaller atties were, and still are for the rest of the world, the norm.

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I have 3 big baby beasts squirreled away.
    I only got the t-priv as a back up mod to my alien, although it may not be needed as the alien bounces well but I'd sooner have and not need than...

12. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

Iv gone a bit retro and got park patrol for CPC 464, c64 and the spectrum 48k

13. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[​IMG]
    Sirui T-005X
    It's so cute and small. :)
    Got the blue one since it was on sale. Originally preferred black but now holding it, the blue finish looks amazing, really classy rather than garish (as I feared it would be), so I'm very happy with my choice. Top notch build quality overall, feels like a much more expensive tripod.

My first plan for a lightweight affordable travel tripod was to get one of those cheapo chinese rebranded "Q666C" carbon tripod things, but this was 400g lighter (despite being aluminium), made by a very reputable manufacturer, had 6 years of warranty (including failure with normal wear and tear!) and was just €10 more expensive. And the bitterness of poor quality... ;)

Last edited: 30 Aug 2017
  14. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Bit of a spree....

For me!
    [​IMG]

New scooter for my youngest to rip up at the skatepark

[​IMG]
    Replacement scooter wheels and brake for my eldest, after shredding his last sets at the skatepark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He's also outgrown his 1st skateboard, this Renner rolls very nicely indeed.
    [​IMG]

Something to keep the missus sweet is mandatory! 32GB iPhone 7 in rose gold to match her Apple watch
    [​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Wanted one of these for so many years I can't even remember. Got it at a great price, seller is delivering for cost of fuel hopefully tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any marks will polish out. Even got the polish ! What's unusual is that it has both door lock flaps intact. These are always lost, so an immediate no for a collector. However, what makes this thing proper hen's teeth is this.

[​IMG]

The original cable management cage. These are NEVER intact and in place. Seller says he moved into a new house and it was in the garage under a mound of dust. It will lead a very happy life in my collection. It's the only Area 51 I did not have.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just finalising the paperwork tonight, new 2016 can-am outlander 1000r MAX ltd.

[​IMG]

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah OK fair enough, that's not a "small" chassis, I think! :grin:

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Jealous.

IIRC - these were originally made but Chieftec, and are basically the 120mm Dragon with different panels, so theyre still faily decent cases.

[​IMG]

Anker iPhone 6 Battery Case - I got the battery replace in my iPhone 6 the other month and its worlds better, but I still need 24 hours of charge without carrying a portable charger when im off on business, so trying out one of these.

19. Vault-Tec

Yup. The original original (which I still want also) was just a Dragon with Alienware down the front.

[​IMG]

I almost got one in silver a few years ago. It had no side panels, but went for £5. Seller lied and came up with an excuse not to sell it. Git.

Then came the Predator 1.0 which was as you say, a Dragon chassis wrapped in a curvy shell. Then the 1.2 in 2005 which had a 120 instead of the two 80s.

My hunt for an original still continues. As of now it's the only Area 51 I do not have.

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

Finally up to 1440p, just waiting on the 1080 to turn up to drive the bugger now.