1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Well, I got DMC4. What can I say, I'm a sucker for nice graphics... :)

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Was glad DMC4 came up today/yesterday.

Had been waiting since it was on sale at £10 but just wanted to see whether or not it would be featured in one of the daily deals (made that mistake once with the Christmas sale... never again).

3. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Bought Bioshock recently, can't believe i thought the demo was meh when it first came out.

Loving it :thumb:

Might grab the THQ pack, but i just know i'll never play most of them :wallbash:

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm tempted to get the THQ pack, but I already own most of them. I just want Chaos Rising, but it's still stupidly pricey.

5. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I bought the THQ pack as I wanted Company of Heroes and Metro 2033. As the THQ pack was cheaper than Metro 2033 all the other games were a bonus.

Sadly though I bought Red Faction and Stalker before the THQ pack, and instead of an extra licsense, you get nothing.

6. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Just bought Devil May Cry 4 and Just Cause 2. £20 well spent I reckon...

7. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Yes, it is a highlights sale today: BUT THERE'S SO MUCH!

Buying Thief: DS because I forgot the other day :thumb:

Cannot wait to play GTA:SA that I bought the other day, I've spent all of today downloading it :lol:

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Bah... Disappointig end to the sale. Ah well, my wallet rejoices.

However, if anyone from the UK should happen to pick up a 4-pack of L4D2 and has a PayPal account I'd be interested in getting a copy "gifted". Just PM me... :)

On a side note, does anyone know how to remove games from one's wishlist (short of buying the damned things)?

Another side note: Any of the Borderlands DLC packs worth getting (at 2.71€ a piece)?

Last edited: 4 Jul 2010
  9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Zombie Island is rather fun but can get very repetitive/grind-y.

Mad Moxxi's is supposedly not worth the full price money but should be worth it now as long as you have friends to do it with (it's a set of arena challenges designed for coop).

Armory of General Knoxx is well worth the money, i got it at full price and would easily do so again. IMO it sits between a full expansion and the previous DLCs giving you new weapons (new rarity), new enemies, level cap increase etc. and continuing the story. If you can only be bothered to get one piece DLC, definitely get this one.

azrael- and pimonserry like this.
  10. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Cheers for your Borderlands DLC mini-review: at £2.14 each, I only really wanted one, so Armory of General Knoxx is what I've gone for :thumb: +rep

11. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

Has Steam died? All I can see on the front page is nothing.

12. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Must be overloaded i cant view the store on the client or the website.

13. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Thanks =].

I have to admit, i missed out one point which i alluded to but should have stipulated properly.

The Armory of General Knoxx is only accessible when you complete the story of the Borderlands (which is what i meant by continuing the story) as opposed to the other 2 DLC packs which you can access fairly early on.

That doesn't detract from anything in my eyes, however it may not be so helpful to those who have just bought the game.

That being said, you can just blaze through all the story missions and skip the side missions since it's one of those "open world games" where you can complete the side missions after the final boss. Only problem is you might be slightly under levelled to deal with the enemies.

Apologies if it caused any confusion.

pimonserry likes this.
  14. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Not working for me either.

15. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

It's back.

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Thanks for the update! :)

I might just get The Armory of General Knoxx (and perhaps Zombie Island of Dr. Ned) before this summer sale mayhem officially closes tomorrow.

17. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

just got the THQ pack..and i now need a new HDD :( can only get around 5 on there right now xD

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Dammit! Bought Borderlands (and DLCs) a couple of days ago for 50% off and now it's 66% off...still, only a few quids' difference.

Also bought Just Cause 2 + all DLC for 50% off and many, many other games. Damn glad to have got Resident Evil 5 for 75% off though :D .

19. Physicsman

Physicsman What's a Dremel?

When viewing your Wishlist, each game entry has a link Remove at the end of the game title. Click this to delete the game from your wishlist. There is a strange bug where even if you have already logged into your account, sometimes when you click the Community tab to view your account and Wishlist, even though you can view your account you still need to login again! :confused:

Scroll to the top of the page at the top right there is a Login link. Login again in order to see the Remove button next to each game name.

azrael- likes this.
  20. skreenname

skreenname SFF Forever

I'm terribly tempted to get World of Goo, Borderlands, and Red Faction Guerrilla right now.
    $70 worth of games for $20 is a great deal...