1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Logitech G25, Sold anywhere?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Treacles, 11 Oct 2011.

1. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Does anyone know anywhere thats still selling Logitech G25 Racing Wheels (With pedals and Gear Shifter)? Not looking to get a G27 as they're just a little bit out of my price range, and a google shopping search for G25 says "£113 in Online Stores" but once clicked on brings up only one shop selling them for over £200 :duh:

Gonna be spending close to £100 on the stand alone so really not looking to spend more then £130 on the wheel :/

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

You wont find any G25s im afraid, apart from second hand on the bay. They dont make them anymore.

Saying that though, i was lucky enough to pick up a brand new G27 from dabs.com when they decided to slash the price to £168 (about 2/3 months ago)

3. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Yeh i've seen one or two places selling the G27's for around 170-180 but its still a bit over budget... My overall budget for a few PC items is £320, and i need to fit a Desk, a Gaming Wheel and a Stand for the gaming wheel into that -_-

How's the G27 without a stand? If its "Workable" i may buy just that and wait til next month to get the Stand for it, if its just going to be sitting there teasing me i'd rather buy it all in one lol

4. bdigital

Not worth using the G27 without a stand, or desk to clamp it too.

In your price range, my recommendation is the Logitech DFGT ( i have one of those too)

Its feedback is excellent and i would say it only loses out in 3 areas to the G27

1) The noise of the gearing is loud
    2) THe pedals are very very basic
    3) the padal shifters are basic buttons.

Apart from that i love the wheel, it gives good feedback and is well made for an £80 product.

5. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

I did see that whilst looking for the G25, but had a few "Issues"... It looks like the Gear box is stuck on? If its not then thats fine but, i wanted one i could reposition, especially since UK cars have the gear box on the left, and not directly next to the wheel :S It also doesnt look as attractive as the G25/7 :O

Also, one question! Is there a Clutch pedal?

I think i would rather save up, then skimp on the quality, Even if its only a fraction better then wheels £100 cheaper!

6. bdigital

No clutch pedal with the DFGT.

The gear stick is 'stuck on', but it is on the right hand side and is a sequential shifter rather than the H pattern of the G27. For £80 im really impressed with it. But like i said, the pedals are its main let down, with the noisy gearing being second my personal hit list of downsides.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Good luck finding a G25 now. Even Ebay second hand prices are sky high and mostly collect in person.

I wanted to get a G25 when I was in the market for a wheel last year, even then I couldn't find one so ended up getting a G27. I like that it has more on wheel buttons the the G25 but it doesn't do sequential stick shifting without using elastic band mod (works very well though).

Last edited: 12 Oct 2011
  8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

9. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Ahh guess i'll have to just get a G27 instead then and wait til next month for the actual stand... Anyone recommend a good retailer that'll do it "relatively" cheap? ;)

10. Maximilian

Maximilian WC Virgin

Yeah I'd add the extra £40 odd if you can find a deal on a G27.

Do you need a stand? Can you not just clamp it on your desk for now?

11. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Yeah thats what im planning to do for now, until i get payed again... Scan's stocking the Wheel at around 220 which seems higher then some websites but i think i'd rather them to a website i've never orderered from before :lol:

12. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

yeap EBAY there are quite a few

13. bdigital

If your going to go second hand, my advice would be to prioritise items with a warranty.

My g27 bricked itself and died after 3 months light use. Its currently back with logitech and im waiting a replacement.

My point being that if that happens to something out of warranty your stuffed.

14. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

Ordered a G27 a few hours ago from play.com at £210 + £8 Saturday Delivery ;D

But then recieved this email:

Who wants to bet that because of this "Added security check" that im going to have to call tomorrow, my £8 extra on saturday delivery will be wasted due what they'll say is "Because you ordered after 5pm on friday". And it'll then, maybe, come on monday instead... :duh:

15. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

16. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

When i call up tomorrow im gonna ask if its going to affect the delivery date... If they say its any later then saturday i'll ask for a refund on my delivery, and later then monday and i'll cancel it all together and go elsewhere, Hate ordering stuff like this online, but couldnt find one in any of the stores near me, just the generic £80 crappy wheels with plastic pedals and no gear box :|

Edit: Wow, just read the date on that post... Wish i saw that before ordering -_- I'd cancel now but not sure wether they've taken money out of the bank yet (Which, they probably have and this check is just to be difficult) so would rather not risk never getting that back again (N)

Last edited: 13 Oct 2011