1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

low power 80plus PSUs ?

Discussion in 'Tagan / Seasonic / SilverPower' started by amdavies, 11 Mar 2009.

1. amdavies

amdavies What's a Dremel?

Hello.
    As my first post here, I would like to enquire as to the availability of low power (150-250W) 80plus ATX power supplies from any of your suppliers.

Thanks.

2. Lee@Nanopoint

Lee@Nanopoint Computer says yes!

Hi Amdavies, The lowest wattage 80Plus PSU that we offer at the moment is the S12II-330 (330Watts)

Thanks

3. amdavies

amdavies What's a Dremel?

First off, thank you for your prompt response, it's nice to see.

Secondly, the mini-rant.
    I'm currently running a computer with an undervolted Athlon 5200+ X2 at 2Ghz The whole system is drawing 40W idle and 56W under load with a SS-250SFD 250W mATX PSU. If I were using a 330W PSU, I wouldn't hit the 80% efficiency at 20% load that 80plus specifies.

I am aware that, to the general populace, a 500W PSU looks much better value than a 200W one but, in these times of energy efficiency, may I suggest that more efficient computers can only start to exist with more efficient power supplies and making these available to the public.

4. Lee@Nanopoint

Lee@Nanopoint Computer says yes!

Hi, Amdavies...

I can understand your point especially with the low wattage that your system draws, but the only models that we supply are standard ATX seasonic which is why the lowest model is 330W, the only other Seasonic unit that we have available is an ECQ-300 (mATX 300W PSU)

We do however have a brand new range of ITX Cases which have 60W external PSU's provided with the case, maybe this is something you could look at in the future...

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've got to agree - there's nothing between DC-DC 60-120W products with power brick and full size PSUs at around 300W.

Unfortunately the market is not very large for mATX PSUs, and engineering 80Plus products costs more.