1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MacBook DisplayPort faulty?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. bowman

bowman Minimodder

That's ridiculous and it's Apple's fault. Mini Displayport should handle dual-link DVI just fine.

3. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Where's Ted Landry the Mac Nazi when you need him to say its the monitors fault not the Mac.

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!! screw apple and that annoying little port! (sorry, anti mac sentiment there, bad bad me i know)

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Uhh, i believe that's a known as a feature of the mac, not a fault of the mac!

6. chicorasia

chicorasia What's a Dremel?

<LONG TIME APPLE USER> What's the matter with HDMI? Huh?

This is one thing I really, really hate about apple. Every time a new generation macintosh is released, they HAVE to change the external display adapter port. And since one always needs both DVI and VGA, this things become ridiculously expensive. Oh, and then you get stuck with obsolete dongles, because nothing is ever backwards-compatible.

If they like DisplayPort so much, they should at least bundle the adapters with the macs. But then it wouldn't be a rip off, would it?

</LONG TIME APPLE USER>

7. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

read up on displayport. it really is a signifigant technological improvement over DVI/HDMI. though i agree with you - not bundling adapters with a new tech is pretty stupid. and the standard displayport port is pretty small, i'm not really sure why they had to go and make their own new connector.

Tags: Add Tags