1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Manhunt 2 cuts credits, angers developers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

They cut the credits?!! :eyebrow: Why on earth :confused:

At the rate the game was going with content having to be removed left right and center to conform to the bans, I thought that only the credits where going to be left.

Ah well, not that ill be playing this game, learnt my lesson the first time round, and come to the conclusion there are MANY other great games out there than this POS.

I think they should give up and ditch the game, or better yet, never started it, its bought toomuch attention to violent video games, and now games that I and many others are highly antisipating such as SoF3, could now be banned too, which it may not have done prior to this game of mindless violence.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I dont see the fuss. Give it a 18 rating and go on with your life. There are dozen of horror movies that are more violent and looking more real then these bloody pixels...

4. Carnival

Carnival Dremel a WHAT?!

QFT.

Where the complaints and refusals to broadcast when Saws 1 - 4 appeared? And when Hostel 1 & 2 came about? Nowhere! Seriously, how they be worried about a pixelated guy killing other pixelated guys on a monitor when there are close ups of peoples eyes being blowtorched on cinema screens?

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

None of thats really relevant to the fact that credits have been snipped though...

6. tylerpestell

tylerpestell What's a Dremel?

I don't think it is quite the same comparing a video game to a movie. Movies are a very passive entertainment, there is no interaction with it whereas video games you are actively deciding to kill someone in the game with increasingly realistic graphics. I am all for violence in video games and I think a lot of the responsibility is with the parents. I just don't think you can compare movies to video games.

As for the credits being axed ... who actually reads the credits?

7. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

Reading the credits has always been a reward for me, Thats the part of the game where you get to sit smugly knowing you beat it. Also alot of developers hide extra bits at the end of them so you could be missing out...

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

WHY WON'T THIS GAME DIE?!

Tags: Add Tags