1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Manhunt 2 to return as a downloadable?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

after all that development time and effort it would be a waste if the game didn't get some form of release.

3. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

If nintendo and sony weren't willing to have the uncut game released sold in stores for there consoles, I doubt they'd allow it via there online stores either.

4. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing the game would ship on a DVD were it to get to retail. Good luck in trying to convince people to download several gigs worth of data! The Wii actually has no way to save that much information (SD cards can only store your downloads from the VC, you can't play directly from them).

The teeny 12GB usable drive in the 360 will also struggle if people are stroing other XBLA titles, content downloads and music. MS have just recently raised the download limit on XBLA titles, but I can't see them allowing a full retail game onto the system.

I think the best platform is probably the PC. Plenty of storage space, and PC gamers are generally used to download a couple of gigs worth of files to play a demo. I've downloaded 4GB of data just for the Hellgate beta.

5. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

At least for 360/PS3/PC you could still download it then, meaning your right to decide for yourself what is/isn't suitable to play isn't taken from you. Bloody fascists...

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I think they should exploit the loophole and better do it quick befor they can close it. Then it will alow us to chose for our selves what we want to see or not see.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

+ be cheaper on them, and make a industry first by not selling the game in hard copy......

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

actually, would release on download only mean that fewer pre-18-i-wanna-be-influenced-by-violent-gamers-then-slaughter-someone people will play it? i'll be restricted to those who can pay by card. good news then!

9. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

QFT

Tags: Add Tags