1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mass Effect 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 21 Dec 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

So a side by side release with 360 and PC, this 100% the case?

3. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i like that cliché chart, had not seen it before

4. cjb119

cjb119 What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to this! On my third play through of the first at the moment.

Not sure about the reloading thing though...the cooldown and 'technical' explanation of the guns was neat, made the universe different.

I also hope they don't fully abandon the reapers, as they were a cool concept and well done. Don't really need a universe full of entire races no ones heard about...just makes you think they need more specsavers! Hopefully the story ties the two together ready for no 3.

Oh does anyone know if the collectors ed is a Game exclusive? really want to get it from play if I can.

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

link on first page fifth paragraph not working properly. Can't wait for thistho, loved the first game. Getting worried tho, felt dragon age: origins was a let down. Will there be more galaxies to explore this time?

Last edited: 21 Dec 2009
  6. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Can you have sex with aliens still?

7. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

Go down your local spanish bar and find out. :p

8. morganjames

morganjames Banned

lol

in this case I guess the answer would be yes. :naughty:

I'm looking forward to this game. Loved the first one.

9. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

I highly doubt that the Reapers are forgotten. My guess is that the Collectors are, for some reason, working with the Reapers. The Reapers saw that humanity had burst on to the scene and thwarted their attempt to re-enter the galaxy and begin their invasion. The Reapers probably want to know more about this new threat, and so they have enlisted the Collectors to capture human colonies for study, so that they can find and exploit human weaknesses, and also, possibly, to lure out Shephard personally.

I will laugh heartily when the game is released and I am proven to be right. Either that, or hang my head in shame. I think my theory is pretty sound, though.

10. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

11. Xir

Xir Modder

Just hope the main story isn`t brought to an end with half the galaxy undiscovered and no way for you to do sa due to a "point of no return" within the storyline.

12. Lightning98

Lightning98 Umm, hello.

Mass effect 1 really was one of my all time greats... so I'm looking forward to the sequel.
    I just hope the fact its mainly a console title won't ruin the experience.

Plus that biotic chick seems like fun :)

13. fadi299

fadi299 What's a Dremel?

all what bioware has been showing us so far is the combat and characters!, now that's fine but what about the other stuff like the galaxy, the game world, the normandy and the other small details that made the original so good?

Mass effect is not a shooter!, it's an RPG action adventure game, i hope bioware doesn't forget that!. those who played the original know that the combat was decent at best and lacked challenge, it's fine to improve that but it shouldn't be the focus of the sequel. i really hope they work a bit more on the game's other aspects, like your ship the normandy, they should make it a bit more interactive. the galaxy was huge but they were only a handful of planets that you could land on and there wasn't really much to do on them, they felt empty and flat. side quests were shallow and repetetive.

i just hope that Bioware don't dumb this game down and turn it into another linear and one-dimensional 3d person shooter like what capcom did with RE5......

14. Xir

Xir Modder

+1
    And they all had the same mine on them :D

15. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Genuinely considering booking time off work to play this. 9.0 on the anticipatometer.

16. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

be playing this for sure.. the first one had me hooked =] the game just kept going and going.. good story too

Tags: Add Tags