1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MGS4, Singstar PS3 delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Well no ps3 for me then...not anytime soon. MGS4 was the one single saving grace game for ps3....and its gone and blown that too....oh well.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Nothing in the news but delays right now!

4. CardJoe

There is more news coming - but it'll be a while.

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

MGS was always slated for March 08 rather than this years so its not much of a slip really.

6. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Well that's a nail in the coffin that is the ps3 I'll just get an 8800gt then.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I admit that I was never aware of a 'this winter' release date for MGS4 so it's not really too much of a problem for me. ;)

However... January, February, March... I thought that was Q1, then April, May, June was Q2. ;)

8. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

the 360 version would of hit the shelves before the ps3 verison sees the light of day. more ps3 developement time means that konami need to recop investment and i cant see the ps3 doing that on its own

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As long as it's up to the standards of the previous MGS titles, I don't think anyone who really loves MGS will actually mind all that much. If after the 3-6 Month delay we get a much better game, I'm all for it.

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

When was it going to be released this winter??? It was anounced that it was being pushed back to next year months ago. 1up show have been talking about the release of next year on their pod cast and videos for a long time.

There are loads of games due for release over these last few months that have been pushed back to next year. What is going on, we got MGS4, Amy of Two, GTA IV and many more. In away its good because I cant buy them all this year :)

I was planning on getting a PS3 this christmas so I have one when MGS4 comes out next year with GTA IV and GT

11. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I was always under the impression that the game was slated for Q1 next year.

12. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Same here, I was expecting the game for next March anyways, no way near this Winter. Will be buying the console then also.

13. Major

Major Guest

There goes the PS3 for Xmas, no chance. :)

14. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

MSG4 was never for winter 2007. It was supposed to be Q1 08 so Q2 08 wont matter much. Xmas 07 isn't Sony's anyways it's ninitendo's with Sony in 2nd. Uncharted = better then halo. =]

15. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

I dont care it is still the best and cheapest blu-rayer player available and compared to my old 360 it is quieter and the perfect media extender for me. A game has been delayed... SO WHAT?

It happens all the time everyone knows to take dates with a pinch of salt until they are physically in the shops to buy. Plus why would someone buy a console just to play MGS? Thats just silly. Its like buying a £2000 pc just to play crysis. You buy it because it has other capabilities as well. Blu-ray being the major advantage. Not to mention how well it upscales standard dvd's.

Neon

16. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Good news, bad news or just news news?

17. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Bit bashing the PS3 again :nono:

18. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I love how people keep saying, "Well, I guess I won't be getting the PS3 [due to the "unexpected and shocking" news of MGS4's "delay"]. Here comes the [insert video card here]" as if they were actually A) going to buy the console in the first place or B) expecting MGS4's release to be right after Xmas......

I guess if you are one of those people who only want the PS3 for MGS4 (highly doubtful) then it makes sense to buy a video card to hold you over until then (considering you have a decent rig), but still...to consider the news unexpected (again considering it's the only game you want) is a little farfetched.....

Like many people have previously said: this is not new news, but rather news set to reinforce correct expectations.....

Last edited: 31 Oct 2007
  19. CardJoe

:rolleyes: That was a joke.

20. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I got it :)

Tags: Add Tags