1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft closes Halo Wars developer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

"does not reflect at all on Ensemble’s talent or the quality of Halo Wars," and it's closing because of finance issues.... yeah right.

either going to be a rushed job or a game that don't get any support (not so much on consoles, but im sure everyone loves Halo's map packs)

3. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

Wasn't Ensemble always pretty successful, with AoE and all?

4. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

at least microsoft isn't giving employees the boot if they have other positions that they'll fit in, unlike some companies which kick out and "maybe" hire you back after a re-interview.

5. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

I like how just yesterday I was reading that MS was saying this "rumor" was unfounded and untrue. Oh well, hopefully the folks at Ensemble find good homes in other companies/in other parts of MS. I'm sure Halo Wars will be fine, I doubt anyone wants their company to go out on a bad note. AoE was a decent enough series but I suppose it's hard times these days trying to sell (non-Bilzzard owned) RTS games seeing as how they (generally) translate poorly to consoles and consoles move more units now.

6. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

I wonder if a disgruntled employee will pour hot coffee all over this game...

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

How could MS close down a studio because of financial reasons without there being a quality/control issue? MS has tons of money (hints all of the exclusives/timed exclusives for 360) and if the game wasn't producing to the quality they felt necessary then it makes sense to close the studio down and continue the game with another one that they can control who stays on the project and who doesn't, but that's my opinion and I may be way off, but that's how I am interpreting this....

I wonder if this is going to delay the RTS any longer than it already has been announced.....

8. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Ensemble developing?

This may just convince me to buy the game. I am a huge fan of AoE. I grew up (And still am) on it...

9. AOwpr

AOwpr What's a Dremel?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, I hope the new developer studio will still make RTS games. :( I was *SO* looking forward to their unannounced project (Age4?).

10. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

so wait they are closing the studio for "financial reasons" but leaving that one game development in play until it is completed, a game that once launched will probably make soooo much freaking money that their "financial reasons" would disappear??? and bring the company back out of the red but in this case not huh more money I guess to M$ and their game division then to the studio by going this route.

Tags: Add Tags