1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Aug 2007.

1. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Sony is targeting a specific market for the most case because M$ already beat them to it, so they had to offer something different, something more innovative, and that's the reason why I believe the PS3 is the console that it is; whether it be price or feature-wise. With that said, it may not fit everyone's budget, and tbh Sony wasn't expecting that; that's what the 360's for. But to get back to the heart of the argument, here are the reasons why (in my opinion) they decided to implement it rather than going with the DVD-9 format:
    • Not only would the movies use the format, but the games would, too. (2 birds w/ one stone)
    • All games would be able to offer 1080p natively (the next sweetspot once HD goes mainstream & more families start buying HDTVs come late 2008-2009)
    • People do want it, hints why they're hitting their sales goals (according to a few sites & the big-heads comments I've read)
    • Sony wanted their console to be an all-in-one future-proofed entertainment resource, and w/o Blu-Ray it wouldn't live up to that statement

Now I know that most 360 owners either don't care about any or all of these bulleted items, and that's the reason those people will either already own or will own a 360, but those are the main reasons (off the top of my head) that Sony decided to include the BR drive in their console.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2007
  2. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

@devdevil85: Thank you. Great post. Someone had to explain it.

I like Blu-ray too. High Definition is the future. And we don't just play video games anymore. We interact online, download movies, watch high definition stuff. Someone had to start or else we wont make any progress.

Last edited: 28 Aug 2007
  3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

So did you end up ordering one off Ebay then Doug?

If you did... and it's from the same crew I got mine (the ones I linked to)... it'll almost certainly arrive by week's end :cooldude:
    I ordered a second one meself over the weekend there, and I received an email next day to say it had been sent :clap: They're really on the ball :thumb:

But you'll be in the same boat as me... unless/until you get the help being discussed via PM (I'm on a 'two's-up' on it :D)?

As for...

It was me... and you need to provide them with an Elite serial number, before you'll get a transfer cable from 'em (ho-ho) :idea: :sigh:

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week, provided Royal Mail don't strike their asses off again. Did you have to pay any Customs charges?

I'm going into Gamestation today to ask them about it.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

That sucks if you have to have an elite to get a transfer cable. What about prem owners that buy the expensive 120gb hard drive and have xbox live games and game saves they want to keep. MS expect you to say bye to it??

6. K

K 528491

7. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

I don't get how the 360 is cheaper in the scenario I was talking about... I was pointing out that those with current gen xbox premiums and upgrading to the elite model (via selling old one, buying new one) will end up paying more for that 360 than they would if they went and got a ps3 outright, and they still wouldn't have all the fancy (even if unessessary) extras.

8. K

K 528491

Yeah cause those are the kinds of people in the majority right? Anyone in that position I'm sure is fully aware on how much they're spending.

9. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

The guy I was quoting when first I said it was.

Tags: Add Tags