1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wst, 23 Sep 2010.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

I'm currently using the Jesus skin, already disproved the ability to walk on water and feed the five thousand.

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

3. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Lol that's... all kinds of things.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I swear to God I just saw a skeleton riding a spider.....or have I just been playing the game too long and have started to see things? :worried:

I other news, I found a huge cave tonight and now have enough coal for a little over 2000 torches...I think I should be set for the Halloween update :lol:

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Yeah they exist. According to the wiki there's a 1 in 100 chance for spiders to spawn with a skeleton.

6. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I saw a skeleton riding a zombie once. Although that may have just been a dream. Just a sweet sweet dream.

7. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

My multiplayer server is running an awesome map - like the sky/ground got inverted in one section. It's created a massive tower, and an underground lake beneath it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the bottom of the lake is just bedrock - it's certainly a wierd bug!

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Heard from a buddy that all current torches will be turning into lanterns. Notch is just taking the value for torches and replacing it with the lantern code, then creating a new value for torches.

I apologize for any incorrect terminology, I am not a game programmer, though it seems like a pretty simple yet clever concept.

9. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

It's up there with the civilization games and WoW in terms of addictiveness.

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yup, that's why I'm going to make a load just before the update rolls out :D

I'm pretty sure Notch has said he doesn't know exactly what will be needed to make lanterns yet, but the smart bet so far is that it will require at least a small amount of iron.

11. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

i really, really hope they don't. there is already too many uses for iron, what the game would really benefit from is adding another metal with about the same frequency (and locations) of coal, that could be used in all the same things as iron, just much less effective

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

That makes sense! I thought you were getting them ready to be placing everywhere :blush:

My guesses are, using the numpad to describe locations:

-Iron in 2, coal in 5, glass in 4 and 6.
    -Iron in 2, coal in 8, stick in 5, glass in 4 and 6.
    -Iron in 2 and 8, glass in 4 and 6, coal in 5.

And perhaps each set of items will produce 2-4 lanterns?

It'd be nice if steel bars could be crafted into smaller units which could more readily be placed into items like these. Like how lumber goes to planks which goes to sticks.

13. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

i can also see a torch in the middle to be a light source?

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

WTF?
    Due to the DDoS attack on minecraft.net I've been forced to play offline in SP. So I've been busying myself with expanding and constructing in single player. However, just recently I found, in my well lighted and closed off mine, that creepers had spawned inside it. I combed every nook and cranny looking for a way in, but the mine is as sealed and secure as it ever was. I was under the impression that creatures can't spawn inside your structures provided they are secure and well lighted.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They still do if you are a certain distance away. I cut off a whole area on the surface with big walls and lit everything but I still had creapers spawning at the opposite end to where I was. Most frustrating.

16. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, but the light still makes them docile though? So they're easily dealt with, however, yes, most frustrating.

17. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

*peaceful mode active*

no creepers in your mines :p

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

*facepalm*
    D'oh! Of course!

19. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Just found this: http://www.cubelands.com/
    Is anyone face palming as hard as i just did (seriously, have the hand print)

Straight from the "sit and wait for someone else's idea to make money, then 'clone' it" group
    :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :sigh:

20. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

You think that is bad?

Take a look at manic digger it uses the same textures, models everything. Disheartening.

Edit; also i believe one ripoff/ knock off game actually allows you to connect to Minecraft servers...