1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor problems... Sony Multiscan E100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Variance, 30 Jun 2005.

1. Variance

Variance What's a Dremel?

Hey everybody, I've been running this monitor as my secondary in a dual monitor setup, but it suddenly cut out tonight. It just flicked off out of nowhere, and now when I turn it on, it repetetively makes the same clicking sound, without displaying anything. Is it toast, or can I fix it? Thanks!

2. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

What caused the problem? It could be that the refrsh rate is too high so try changing that for said monitor :thumb: .

Death

3. Variance

No, that's not it. The refresh rate for the monitor was set to 60 Hz. Also, one thing I noticed before it went out was an odd ripple effect on the left side of the monitor. I figured it was just interference from my other monitor, so I moved it and it went awayso I don't know.

4. Variance

So, since no one's replied, I take it it's toast, huh? Oh well, I guess it gives me a reason to get another 19" or better yet, a 21+" monitor . . .

5. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

When you turn it on, what color is the power light? Just for kicks, disconnect it from the pc and see if it brings up the "check signal cable" light.

6. Variance

If I turn the monitor on, then plug it in/boot the computer, the light stays orange. However, if I turn it on while plugged in to a running computer, the light is green. Also, I'm not getting the check signal cable message. The monitor sounds like it's turning on fine, and I see the interference on my other monitor when I turn it on, I'm just not getting any picture.

Last edited: 2 Jul 2005
  7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

does the monitor have a on screen interface to adjust settings? If it does, does it come up?

8. Variance

No, the OSD does not come up.

9. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

sounds like the picture tube is shot, tbh. :(