1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI Z97I Gaming AC (ITX) Weird Bluetooth driver problem

Discussion in 'MSI UK' started by Dave Lister, 19 Mar 2015.

1. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Ok so my internet was off for about 15 days due to a clumsy workman, I've finally got reconnected and there was loads of updates both from Microsoft and MSI.

My problem is that whenever I plug in my 2TB external HDD windows does not recognise it (win7 64). I noticed that the bluetooth drivers were updated by MSI but had a yellow exclamation mark by it in device manager so I completely deleted the drivers using device manager. I then tried plugging in my external HDD and default bluetooth drivers installed themselves. So I'm pretty stumped what to do, the HDD still does not get recognised.

I should also point out that I tried doing 3 separate system restores but they all failed.

Any solutions or idea's would be greatly appreciated

P.S My internet's still not great so I may be a bit slow responding.

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Ok - slightly embarrassing.. I tried the drive out on a laptop and still no result so I ended up turning it off and on again - result! It's still a bit weird that windows was detecting it as a bluetooth device, the only thing I can think of is a chip inside the enclosure got tired/bored and started making up lies.

The problem worried me a lot so if anyone can suggest a small affordable NAS for me to backup the offending hard drive. I had a quick look on amazon last night and saw a few around the £150 mark which looked fine, so my budget would be up to £200 roughly.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Synology. Don't even bother with anything else.

4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Thanks Parge, I'll check them out. I was looking at some single drive western digital ones but it's better to have a recommendation from someone.