1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Music's glitchy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bust_A_Cap, 16 Jan 2005.

1. Bust_A_Cap

Bust_A_Cap What's a Dremel?

Alright well i just transfered all my music from one computer to another one over my network cause my new computer <the one i transfered all the music to> is acting as a sort of "jukebox."

Now onto the problem that i'm having. When i play my music it will randomly have glitchy spots where it freezes the music for a fraction of a second....sometimes a couple of seconds. It is REALLY annoying. I know the music works fine cause i transfered some back over to the old comptuer and played it and it was fine. And i know my computer is plenty powerful. I'm using Windows Media Player 9.0 to play the music. I also tried using Winamp, and LimeWire, but it still glitched.

Anybody have any ideas of what is going on?

Thank you!!!

2. dom_

dom_ --->

if its not the files or the program or the pc im guessing soundcard or driver?

3. Bust_A_Cap

good call dom....i had only downloaded the main patch from soundblasters site and not the new driver patch. I just got downloading it and it seems to be working great....i'll let you know if anything werid happens

THANKS!!!!

4. Bust_A_Cap

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

ahhh crap....well the glitches are back....they aren't as numerous as before <before instlaling the driver patch> but they are still there and they are REALLY annoying

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Audigy2? I'm having exactly the same problem. I have reason to believe it resides in the PCI bus for two reasons:
    If I run a Digital Coax line to the Platinum drive's input for it and set it to decode, it doesn't happen (it never hits the pci bus, it goes from the panel to the card via the ribbon cable)
    Onboard sound does it as well, it just sounds crappier when it's not doing it.

Once I dry everying out [sometime tomorrow... oops] I may try to force the card to use some different resounces if possible. It didn't happen with any driver set when it was in my P4 and it's done it with every driver set in both PCI slots I've tested it on in my new A64 setup. As I've got a new nForce4 board I'm guessing it's at least 10% junky chipset drivers.

Try onboard sound and see if it does it as well. That would rule out a driver issue with the card. You could try changing resources for it in the BIOS I suppose, but googling says people have mixed results with that working. Honestly I'm as stumped as you are and I'm just throwing out ideas while I wait for evaporation to occur (although I think I got everything I wanna be on the safe side, hopefully any UV dye residue isn't conductive as I'll probably hit it with a hairdryer first).

6. Bust_A_Cap

yeah i'm using the sound blaster live! 5.1 card on a AMD XP 3000+ processor with a chaintech motherboard. On my P4 1.7ghz computer it worked fine....i have no idea what is going on....but good idea with trying it on the on-board sound....i'll try that and see what is up.
    Thanks