1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News N-Control launches Xbox 360 Avenger

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Nov 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Actually, I like this. I have major issues with my hands ad something to make those tiny controllers easier isn't a bad thing, in my opinion.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

wow. just....wow

id like to actually try one, and thats saying something for me.

4. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

hahahahahahahaha... oh console gamers... its such a circus.

and couldn't you just get a mouse and keyboard for your x-box instead of a camera stand with a controller on it?

5. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Well, some PC games such as HAWX and Assassin's Creed work better with a controller (I own an Xbox controller for this purpose). Not sure about this new accessory, I'd have to try it before I bought it.

6. Lazy_Amp

Lazy_Amp Entry AMD Engineer

Yeah, this is very much a try before you buy sort of thing...

7. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

EPIC.

Do Want.

8. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I'm sorry, but I had to post again.

For this pleases me so very greatly.

TSB

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It might be useful for those with fists of ham, but if a mate came round for a few beers and a bit of CoD, what would you tell him about your uber l33t controller? If you want to be deeply uncool, buy a PC. :p

10. War-Rasta

War-Rasta What's a Dremel?

This looks like a crippled alien spider is trying to eat your controller. I seriously don't think this will any benefit at all to the gaming experience.

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Looks like its designed to help disabled people game. Xbox Motability controller.

12. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

There's just something utterly pathetic about this "pro" approach in console gaming in general especially shooters. This looks like a needless tool unlike a proper gaming mouse which is comfortable accurate etc. This just looks awful.

13. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I wish it explained somewhere exactly what everything was for. I'm intrigued but that seems like a lot of money when I can't even make sense of the purpose of most of it.

14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Well, I was posting from the POV of a handicapped person who's losing all feeling in his hands, as well as a fair bit of the motion. I'm sorry it's fail to enjoy both PC and 360.

Geez, the attitude in some of these threads is appalling. There are PC people who still like console games. And, there are handicapped gamers out there. Look at that, I fit both categories. I'm not quitting having fun because a few people act foolish.

Is Bit gonna be reviewing this?

15. Fizzl

Fizzl What's a Dremel?

What confuses me is that the supposedly smaller market of PC gaming has a myriad of alternative controllers to suit all needs yet xbox users have to resort to attaching cthulhu's mum to a standard controller?

Why not just have a more sensitive controller with a better layout? One shaped like a mouse maybe ;)

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

That picture makes it look like a prop out of the film eXistenZ!!

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You are the exception that proves the rule - if it has use for you then hurrah, but to me it just looks like a mess.

No-one's said you can't enjoy consoles and PC games, we're just laughing at what looks like a gimmicky device. If it works then hurrah, that's great.

18. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

When you have to use the ABXY buttons you lose the ability to aim any effects of those commands (assuming you have left stick as move and right as aim).

E.g. when I used to be a Halo 2 nerd I used boxer controls which put LT as melee instead of B - this allowed me to aim my melee attacks better and gave me beatdowns galore.

However, I couldn't "stick" people for toffee because I couldn't aim and throw my plasma grenades at the same time.

If I could have had a 3rd trigger - which this device gives you (it looks like you push a trigger away for XBY) - then it would have improved my game.

EDIT: I then learnt to use the "Claw" technique in which you use your index finger on the ABXY buttons, and your middle and ring fingers on RB and RT.

CC

Last edited: 13 Nov 2010
  19. iggy

iggy Minimodder

delivery time: 6 to 8 weeks.

pro.

20. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

You laugh at console gamers, then you realise that the PC gaming market is getting stale and apart from some brilliant indy titles is pretty much all console ports anyway ;p

Tags: Add Tags