1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Na'ir al Saif

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Attila, 3 Feb 2010.

1. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

That's a ton of filing right there! Watching that video, you certainly get an appreciation of how much work goes into your builds, Attila. Very well done!

2. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Even your video work is exceptional Attila. I know the undertaking involved with recording and editing an entire build log, but save me a front row seat! *I subbed to your channel :thumb:

btw: you can post YT clips, if you wish)
    (YOUTUBE)xp1Q7VpEVRc(/YOUTUBE) just replace ( ) with [ ] or use the TY button

* bit should configure a YT wide screen option :thumb:

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Great video of some file mastery :thumb: & to think you had to do the exact same thing 4 times lol, awesome show of focus & persistence Attila :clap:.

4. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

AMAZING
    I'm gonna have to steal a couple of ideas from you lol. I like this better than cygnus. I always like cygnus without the wood on it so just the internals and this is kinda like that except better.
    Awesome job on this.

5. NavidsonRecord

NavidsonRecord Where the bloody hell are ya'?

Mod of the year vote x1! :D

6. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Congrats with MOTY!!

7. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Thanks a lot everyone. :)

Thanks for the vote Navidson. :thumb:

And thanks k.3nny, That's a fantastic field of mods in the competition this year. My personal
    favourite is Level 11 and I'm proud to be in such company. :clap:

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

You made my top 3 Attila :thumb:.

9. Frido

Frido Minimodder

It's an ambivalent post for me, this one.. It makes me want to mod something, to start modding again, but it's too late in the night for one, and then I reached the end of this worklog, 900+ posts in one stretch. It feels like something has been ripped out of my body, when I reached the end. I was thinking, nooooooooo! But oh so much pure art, patience, awesomeness, what-can-I-say, it's definitely both MOTM, MOTY and MOTDecade ;)

Great video, I liked the quality and the work in it (filing, filing... wish I had patience and room to work like that! )

I realised that there are no more posts with pure awesomeness from this worklog, just more people giving their praises (just like me and those before me) - and I agree with someone in an earlier post, hit on watercooling! That'd be cool to see what you can do with it!

I too realised that I really need to see your CX1 worklog after this post. Must do. Sleep can wait.
    Thanks for all your advices, tips and patience taking perfect pictures and pointing out mistakes which we can't see, heh.

I want to say so much, but .. words fail me. Words are not worthy of all the praise I was gonna swell over with for you, so here just goes: When is your next project coming up? :rock:

/Frido

10. NavidsonRecord

This guy has a crush on you Attila! :D

11. Attila

:) Thanks Waynio.

Well thank you very much Frido, I'm glad that you enjoyed the project log. :)
    As to what I'm doing next, below is the heart of the new project. It's called Arrakis (dancer)
    and it will be as small as the shape will allow.

[​IMG]

I don't know when building will start because any spare time I have at the moment goes
    into building my website.
    If you would like to see some large photo's of Cygnus and Na'ir, That haven't been shown
    before, then just click on the link in my sig. The rest of the site is expanding as I get time.

Haha, I don't think so Nav., I think he just likes the project. (which I can understand :lol::hehe:).

12. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

You are well and truly an evil man. Spoiled us here for 2 complete projects and then make your own website with enough eye candy to cause harm to several monitors.

Just most excellent work.

Congrats on the nomination and you got my vote!

john

/edit

OMG

Attila comes to mini-ITX.

I'll get my coat now. No hope for me anymore. Doomed. Writing on the wall. I Retire now.

Last edited: 25 Dec 2010
  13. Frido

Frido Minimodder

Word! ;)

/Frido

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

mITX project? YAAAAYYYYYY! :clap:

15. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Can not wait to see what else you have up your sleeve Attila. The website looks great so far. I have been really interested in those those mini itx motherboards, should pick one up for myself :D.

16. aeidau

aeidau Industrial Designer

I just finished reading this on the Vline train out to my mum's what a loverly read :)

Attila another fine example of your fine skills. Amazing work once again :D
    All the best for the new year

Cheers,
    Kieran

17. Attila

;)

Thanks. :thumb: These boards are very good value, I'm going to enjoy making something
    with one.

Thanks, and happy 2011 to you too. :) I'm glad I could provide some entertainment for the
    trip. :dremel:

18. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

What do you do with all those computers once there built :p

Your mods show great skill with the materials you use, I think there is great coherence throughout your builds.

Trouble is I don't have need for more than one computer and you have inspired a new design in my brain. I sense I may have to make a Nas box or something once my current mod is completed.

19. Attila

I don't make these out of need. I just like to make things. I actually haven't made that many
    to worry about, but I use each newly finished case till something else gets made.

20. NavidsonRecord

I'm the same we should start a case museum one day! I love making stuff! :hehe: