1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Need some good speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by suragh, 1 Aug 2012.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

Hey guys, I am after a set of speakers for my PC. Can anyone recommend me a decent setup?

I have had a look at a few beforehand, these were what I were looking at.

Logitech X-530

Creative A520

What are your initial opinions on these 2, are they good? Have you purchased these brands before? I don't really want to spend more than £70 on them but if you can convince me that your recommendations are good enough for me to spend a little more then I will buy.

Cheers

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

in that price range go for the logitech. If they break Logitech will replace them. Got to love that about Logitech!

suragh likes this.
  3. Matticus

Matticus ...

Is there any reason you are going for 5.1 systems, I assume you are going to properly place them around you for surround sound?

If I were about to pick up a set of PC speakers for under £70 my money would be on the Creative T20's. I personally don't even want 2.1 because of having to find somewhere to put the sub and the extra wiring, so something like the T20 is perfect for me. Obviously if you truly do want 5.1 then ignore me :)

suragh likes this.
  4. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Microlab Solo6C on that budget.

suragh likes this.
  5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I used to have these, they are great for the money.

I have a 5.1 kit and it fantastically immersive in games, go for it!

suragh likes this.
  6. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

+1

suragh likes this.
  7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

+2

suragh likes this.
  8. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I realise I'm an audio snob but..... On that kind of buget I'd definatly look for 2.0 speakers rather than 5.1

To be honest I'd be looking at more than twice your budget for a pair of speakers alone (and I mean hi fi speakers not powered PC speakers). But like I said I'm a snob and it's kinda my job so make of it what you will.

A stereo Amp (cambridge audio or similar) and a pair of used speakers(wharfdale etc) from ebay could probably be had for that kind of budget and would give you the option to upgrade later if you wanted to spend some more money. But it really depends on how big your room is and how much your housemates/ parents/ neighbours complain about the noise.

suragh likes this.
  9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I am highly qualified to comment on your predicament, having just sold a set of X-540s to purchase a set of T20s. The quality of the Creative speakers is several echelons higher. Bass is obviously a little weaker without a sub, and if you need surround sound you are best off looking at the x-530s.

But if you live in a flat/terrace/semi and don't want your neighbours complaining, the T20s give a far superior (think decent small hi-fi) sound response.

The Microlabs sound awesome, but you'll need a fair bit of desk space...

suragh likes this.
  10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I can say T20's are awesome. Had mine for sometime now and can't complain. Sound quality is great!

suragh likes this.
  11. suragh

suragh Derp

Cheers for the suggestions guys, the speakers you guys have linked are really nice. Gonna have to think about it a little later. rep to you all :thumb:

12. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I have some x 540s I'm looking to sell. Pm me

13. OversizeZantos

OversizeZantos What's a Dremel?

+3 on the solo6c's

just got a set to mate with my essence stx and they are immense, thoough fricking massive so new desk incoming I think ;-)