1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Nier Automata review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 10 Mar 2017.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I gotta ask: Was the robo-butt flash at the top of page two deliberate, or is the game that "service" oriented. It did come from Japan, after all.

3. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Ok so I know you tested the PS4 version, but what the heck with with the graphics. Looks straight out of some PS2 game. And they are super washed out, is that in the game like that or did you take potatoes and post them?

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Having played the demo on my Pro it is one of those games that looks great in motion but "meh" in static shots (basically you are always moving). Pro is 1080p/60 locked and looks better for it.

5. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I hadn't noticed the robo-butt flash, sorry! It's a little bit like that, unfortunately,

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

There is no rating at the end of the piece.

7. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Hey, we haven't scored out reviews for a little over a year now. :)

8. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

But isn't there normally an award of some sort? Even if it is a bin?

9. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Nah, Bin for really bad, and a Recommended/outstanding/excellent for the bronze/silver/gold.

10. Fizzban

That is what I mean. I can see no image at all. No bin, no recommendation no outstanding ect.. I didn't mean actual numbers. They have been gone for ages, and good riddance.

Are you suggesting that if something falls between Bin and Recommended that it gets nothing?

Edit: Also I apologise for this as your work clearly would 'rate' a better response, but I am one of those guys that just looks at the end result when it is a game I don't care/or think I don't care about.

Last edited: 12 Mar 2017
  11. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

No apology necessary. It gets nothing if it's between Bin and Recommended. This could be a problem, but what I'd generally say these days is that there's a lot of very good games released every month, and if a game has no award and you're not a fan of the series, I'd recommend waiting for a decent sale.

Sorry, there's no perfect way to do it, but I think the method we've got is pretty close.

12. Fizzban

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. I am a little..I dunno, confused is not the word as I'm not confused. It just seems odd that a **** game gets a Bin piccy but a game that is better doesn't?

I really don't mean to be difficult, it just looks like an omission rather than a decision. Us simple folk are used to the pictures ;) Perhaps you need a 'M'eh' award :D

13. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I am really enjoying this game so far. The combat can be very rewarding, Late game when you have EMP to deal with and your screen is just a mess it's amazing fighting through that.
    I spend all of Sat from getting up to going to bed to do ending A, Ending B was the same thing on Sun.
    On to Ending C Now and it still feels fresh.

As someone what enjoyed the story of Nier this game is amazing, None of the simple replay the entire game again for a new ending, A B and C/D are all very different from the previous play though.

Tags: Add Tags