1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by iancowell, 9 Aug 2016.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Apart from anything else, I agree that people who are enjoying themselves playing it deserve to be left the heck alone with it. I'll happily discuss the shortcomings of a game but it never occurs to me to go out of my way to hassle people who bought it, telling them why they shouldn't have bought it. That's just shitty behaviour and bad manners.

I got it a lot with World of Warcraft when I played that. Other gamers - seasoned, life-wasting, 100+-hours-on-Counterstrike players - would berate me, uninvited and out of the blue, when I mentioned that I played WoW. Because they fundamentally disagreed with the 'principle' of paying monthly for a game, or disapproved of how much time WoW players waste on it.

I'm like, (a) it's just a game, (b) it's none of your business what I do in my free time, (c) it's my money, (d) it's none of your business, (e) you're a hypocrite, (f) did I mention it's none of your damned business?

It's a PC gaming community. We're all time-wasting, money-wasting sad sacks. Our pond is too small to start eating each other over who's wasting time/money in the best/worst way.

MeddlE likes this.
  2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rock::clap:

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

:hehe:

Well said. It always amuses me when someone appoints themselves as the universal barometer of game quality and tells me which games I shouldn't be playing. :)

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Turns out you can mod this game. People are already sticking reshades on it, changing the UI, change mining speed etc.

....I might pick it up later on.

5. oscy

oscy Modder

See this is exactly the problem some of us are talking about.

People who have a different opinion, view or likes to you aren't 'in denial'. This is the stuff dictators are made from. And if you have no respect for what other people 'want to believe', why should anyone care what you 'think'?

You said you haven't even played the game!

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Finally managed to get the V1 Atlas pass last night and that has been a real game changer, now every space station I visit has an inventory expansion for me. time to start farming the valuable stuff.

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I still haven't got one yet. I think I missed the atlas orb on the starter planet so I'll have to find another way.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

What's the Atlas orb and where should I be looking for it on my starter planet?

Just salvaged a new ship on my starter planet, still got a few modules to repair.

9. GravitySmacked

Apparently there's a orb that starts the story for you right where you start off. Follow the story and you'll get the atlas pass. I must have missed it though but it's still possible to pick the story up.

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Think I did get that after looking on the net about what it is.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Is this a game for me?
    I am pretty much kill anything that moves type of gamer but I do dabble in other games. The Trine series springs to mind, but i like games such as Portal and the like and i know they baear no resemblance to this game.
    Overall it seems to have quite good reviews and it looks like a game that might occupy a bit more time than most.
    But I wonder if thee will be much to hold my interest?

12. oscy

oscy Modder

You will enjoy this if you like space games, the planet exploring in Mass Effect 1 and/or walking simulators. It's sort of a mix of all that. It's easy to forget it's an indie game made by 15 people, which has been to its detriment as far as hype goes (along with the head guy being a pathological liar).

I (and many others) have found myself sinking I don't know how many hours, 50? I played all day every day for the first 4 or 5 days. Now I've stopped playing, but I kinda feel it's one of those games you come back to every now and then for exploring's sake. There's no end goal (even though it says there is, there really isn't) and no missions. You just explore.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I do like a lot of indie games as I find most of the big games are pretty much same old same old and so over hyped. I will see if I can pick it up cheaply. Cheers.

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Looks like it can be had through GOG with a VPN to Russia site for just under £25.

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Seems legit :thumb:

In other news, I broke out Freelancer a few days ago and put ~20 hours into it.

#nostalgia

16. GravitySmacked

There's a great mod for Freelancer that upgrades the graphics. Can't remember it's name off the top of my head though.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Will have a look cheers.

18. GravitySmacked

Yeah, that's the one. Well worth installing for a new play through.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Okay, so how do I come out of the game as pressing Esc does not give me the option?

20. mingingbollock

mingingbollock Minimodder

Escape takes you into the options , options , quit to desktop