1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia launches GeForce for mobiles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

i think it would be a cool handset..... but i doubt i would see one in the mobile phone back water that is the United States.

3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

As nice as it is in terms of techie goodness, I really only want a "phone" and not a cinema with only a 3inch screen :/

If technology gets to the point where phones can create a more stable/solid screen bigger than the phone itself such as projected screens ( as in a much more advanced version of Io2Technology) then maybe I'd be more for it.

But instead, how about focus on longer battery times, better signal receptions, clearer voice quality and slim technology.

I personally have no interest in watching HDTV videos on a tiny screen.

4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I am now putting off my handset upgrade until phones running this chipset hit the market.

5. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I don't quite see how I'd use the 720p, but the graphics features would be a welcome feature :)

6. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

this is one of those "cool to have" things - but i doubt it would benefit my life in any way shape or form

if i want to play a game - i have three consoles and a pc
    if i want to watch a video on the go i will watch it on my ipod
    if i want to watch 720p high def video - i wouldnt feel like i was benefiting from it unless it was on a big screen

7. Dracyr

Dracyr What's a Dremel?

is this more powerful then a psp?

8. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

only use this has in in devices like the iPhone.

just give me a simple phone I can stick to the side of my head like a piece of tape, maybe with a little OLED screen and keypad on my wrist for dailing and messaging., I'd be perfectly happy with that. no need for any fancy stuff

9. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Android anyone? :D

10. Crazyglue

Crazyglue What's a Dremel?

this is pretty neat and all, but when is asus gonna come out with their external video card :-(

11. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

I think the people commenting on how 720p on such a small device is a seemingly irrelevant feature are missing the point that it can output 720p to an external device such as your HDTV. I myself watch countless standard definition videos off my housemate's Zen on my tv and i have on occasion used my ipod for the same thing but they have all been missing the higher quality the TV is capable of. This device can display high definition (if you view 720 as that) on a tv in much the same way.

Think of it as more of a portable HD-DVD player

Tags: Add Tags