1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia's Turing gets broad game support

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

So in terms of engine support that's:
    - Unreal
    - Frostbite
    - Assetto Corsa's custom engine
    - Dagor
    - 4A Engine
    - Northlight
    - Netease's custom engine
    - Foundation

A surprising number of engines, but also notable is the lack of announced Unity projects.

3. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Any news on power consumption yet?

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

In theory, if it's actually using the DirectX Ray Trace API - AMD Cards should be able to launch straight into this, No idea what performance that will deliver, but would be interesting to see, either way.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm not sure you can actually say Frostbite supports RTX. The Frostbite implementation in BF V supports it. So far no other game using this particular engine has been confirmed to support RTX. The same goes for all the other engines, as far as I know.

There is also support for DLSS to consider. Though I am yet to understand how a general "use of AI to generate missing pixels" can be game-/engine-dependant.

Yes, via Anandtech. That's without context, so take it with a pinch of salt. Or a mountain.

[​IMG]

Given how tough it is to properly ray trace a whole 1080p screen I highly doubt there is anywhere near enough power on any modern pre-RTX graphics card, which has a dedicated 110 TFLOPS part included, to use the DXR API for a more widespread adoption of ray tracing. My 1080 Ti can't render enough frames to play Quake 2 rendered using ray tracing with anything close to good quality. It sure looks amazing, though. And you have all the time in the world to enjoy single frames, trust me. ;)

Tags: Add Tags