1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Orac³ - Part 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 14 Jun 2004.

1. mashie

mashie The one and only

Not what I said though, only that they block the nice features further in.

2. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

Really glad to see you finally finshed the orac ... and really really looking forward to your next creation :thumb:

(p.s. thanks for not letting all the non sense in the orac threads put you down)

3. Thy_Master

Thy_Master What's a Dremel?

I've followed this thread from the beginning and was a bit disappointed for a while when i was on the Bit-tech-site every day for 2 months waiting for the 5:th and (problably) last update and it never came... But every single day i read the posts in here and every single day i tried to find words to salute the orac3 enough, but after the last update i still have never been able to do that. Maybe if u put all the saluting posts together and take that times 3, it could maybe, maybe show how divine this project has been, but only maybe.
    The only thing i can complain about is that you have changed your Avatar from your Gnome to the wierd twinkeling one, but that's a small chip in your godness, witch really doesn't matter...

Longing for your next project, Meself is still trying to get money to be able to get a mere window for my own monster... :blah:

4. bbigboy101011

bbigboy101011 What's a Dremel?

something missing

hey, where's the monitor, keyboard, and mouse? :idea: :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I don't think anyone is worthy.

G-gnome... tell me where you live, I need to come over and steal that thing! It's just too good! Your attention to details is incredible and it's amazing how well the opposite of cable management works out for you with those techflex/tubing and the shower conduits.

How much does it weight with all that chrome and cabling? It sure looks heavy.... my aluminum case full is a little heavier than an acrylic case I had worked with when it was empty.

If you don't mind me asking, around how much did this cost? I'd bet the chroming alone cost a small fortumne. I know that the financial aspect of modding is holding me back more than I would like...

What really astounded me is when you said this was your first big project on the last page of the writeup. You must have spent more time planning then modding!

Can't wait to see your next masterpiece. You're an inspiration to all (seriously!)... although I hope nobody tries to copy it. I don't know where you got your ideas for all of the tiny little details but I hope I figure out soon as school just got out and I've got three months of modding time. Mod on!! :dremel:

My guess is either at the chroming shop or hiding in the closet looking about as nice as the DIN-5 "original windows-95-compatible" keyboard (~8 years old) that I've got on my second system... that would give us all a laugh :)

Last edited: 15 Jun 2004
  6. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

You know.................this is by far the best computer project i have ever seen.

A total inspiration G-gnome :thumb:

7. Davedude

Davedude What's a Dremel?

Lol! I did that also... but only for a month or so. Then I stopped looking - and to my surprise, I stumbled over here again and here it was! You have no idea how long I've been looking forward to this. Great work!

8. TMM

TMM Modder

:eeek:
    damn right. that would look sweet. if you got two pieces of plexi and sandwiched the insides of the lcd inbetween them! :jawdrop: that would be stunning, and with some chrome and green plexi good ness... :jawdrop:

9. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I have been waiting for what seems like forever the see the finished Orac, and just for the record it was worth the wait. You are my hero!!!!!!!
    MS

10. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Scary what some people are saying, lol. Talk about getting carried away!

I think there are a few too many cables; but only a few. Anyway, the whole point is, you're not seeing this mod. You're seeing photos of this mod. In real life, the cables probably make the computer only more interesting; you're forced to try and look through them, making you get closer and i bet you'd look for upwards of 20 minutes to see everything. What would be really cool, would be for G-gnome to set up a static camera and put the case on some kind of turn table, and turn it at 1 rpm and make a 1 minute high quality x-vid rip or something - would be especially cool to do a lighted and daylight version, the lighted one being with the system going so we could see the effects of the water etc in the loop.

Awesome work G-gnome; I bet you're proud to own a case as amazing as this one :)

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That and perhaps a small movie of it in action if there's stuff blinking. I seem to remember a couple of voltage indicator kits mentioned in maybe the first article, but I never could figure out what they were/how they worked. And all of the front switches that have the LED blink out when you push the button in :)

12. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

S-s-s-s-Slashdot effect!

Other than that, good work man!

13. QuickOrbit

QuickOrbit What's a Dremel?

Captain, we've been hit broadside by the /. .I don't know how much more she can take!!!!!!

G-gnome, just another one of your die-hard fans congratulating you on an unbelievable piece of art. I think this one is going to rank right up there with "All your base are belong to us" in geek mythology and history.

It's good to know that you are happy with the end result. That is the most important thing. However, I am sure that the millions of fans all over the world doesn't hurt!

Thank you for all the hard work to share the creation of Orac3 with us and the world.

14. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

sorry. I mant to take that bit out when i was posting i realised that isn't what you ment :/

i will edit my first post...

'doc

15. dallas

dallas What's a Dremel?

G-Gnome

The months of waiting were definitely worth it, what a truly awesome job you have done.

The finished effect of the cables/pipes disappearing into the chrome is excellent, and your attention to the smallest details has made the finished project much better.

Well Done :D

16. The Bart Man

The Bart Man What's a Dremel?

Wheeeeeeeee!!! :rock: :rock: :clap: :jawdrop:

What a mod. Great really amazing. So mutch time spend into just a case amazing.
    And what a level of detail!!!! Makes me whant to greb my :dremel: !!
    One word: AMAZING, can't wait to see "the machine" powerd up!!

Only one thing. Those Y split pecies. :waah: They just don't fit with those verry expesive pi-ton clambs. I think it will look mutch cooler if there where cromed or custom made. Every bit of the case is modded in some way expect those cheap things.

And of course a total system should be moded to fit the case. So from keyboard, mice and screen al the way to a moded speaker set-up. You didn't install a Audigy 2 ZS for nothing!!

This case is a big insperation fore hole the modding community! It is so cool!

Can't wait to recieve my modding stuff. And go modding!! :thumb:

Last edited: 15 Jun 2004
  17. Techx

Techx What's a Dremel?

Best mod i've ever seen, good job, but I do have a question.

The appliques on this page... "a frosted, translucent silver. " ... How in gods name did he do that? Are they like premade letters you can purchase somewhere that he just stuck onto the plexi? Very very nice!

18. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

read on and u will see :D, or go to here .

I started reading thru this mod back in part 2 iirc and it still amazes me, i love it :D

The shear l33tness is slowing down bit-tech :p :hehe:

19. JK23

JK23 What's a Dremel?

World Wide Web Crash.....

News Headline......... The WWW crashed today as Gnome put up the final part of his project and the world went nuts - LOL :D

Pure Class!! Some truly original and inspiring work that will enthuse and motivate others to emulate but never, ever surpass as this is a work of art! An original that will be shown around the net for many, many years to come IMHO.

Nice one mate.... Followed this from the very beginning over a year ago and it still knocks me for 6.

Hope Mrs Gnome is forgiving and it deffinately helps to have a lady who supports you so much.... Kudos to you both. :thumb:

Can't wait to see the next project.....

JK23

20. Mr.Nonflex

Mr.Nonflex What's a Dremel?

:waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: How can we going on modding, when this mod sets the new standards for modding. :eyebrow:

Words cant discribe the beauty of this mod, :jawdrop:

some questions though.

How hot does the motherboard get, doesnt the stealthing need at least one fan?

Can we get a picture showing the computer on your desk, btw this computer needs a design desk made from glass and chrome :rolleyes:

And if anyone can make a quicktime-vr photo of this case, would you please please please contact Gnome as it would in my opinion show the case in all its glory :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tags: Add Tags