1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Pet Peeve of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by BentAnat, 4 Feb 2010.

1. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

My neighbours.

-They talk normally at the volume most people shout at
    -Their preferred place to chat is in the middle of their garden, practically under my window
    -I find their language+accent very annoying (i think Polish, but not entirely sure)
    -They have the 'spitting outside' habit, which they do every hour or so
    -Their spitting is done in an over the top (immensely loud) way, (like in a cartoon: "HrwerrrrssssSSSSHHHH-PTPTPT!")
    -Their baby does not cry, it screeches like a high-pitched banshee, i'm actually worried about glass shattering :lol:

They're actually *really* nice people, but i do find them incredibly irritating most of the time :D

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

my dad is an awesome driver too. i couldnt learn any better from anyone else. I just dont like his driving style. he knows what hes doing. i just dont like it. he always is driving like he is in a hurry and drives very aggressively. I drive very aggressive sometimes, but thats okay if i'm the driver. LOL

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I hate my mum's driving as well. As for her being a nervous passenger - I scared her into "STFU-Mode" when I had my Golf GTI - bombing down a hil in town, her going "But that's over 60" (60 km/h being urban limits speed limit). I went "it's over 130" and brake hard, into a corner.

Not a particularly nice thing to do, but it was getting too much. And, admittedly, the car was fun on tha tbit of road.

As for my dad - Him and myself get along fine with each other driving.

PPOTD:
    World F**** CUP FEVER, WUWUZELAS and all the rubbish that accompanies it. To a point where half the frikken firms gathers around TV's and drinks for every match, and everyone else (i.e. non-footie fan) has to work though the noise

4. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

Assholes that have nice houses and obviously can afford it, but don't tip. I freakin drive 20 minutes to get to your god dammed house, and the least you could do is give me a couple bucks. especially when you live in the nicest housing development in town, and I give you change from 2 20s for a 23 dollar order.

Also... Assholes that ask "did you get lost?" when the pizza is late. No i didn't get ****ing lost. You live in a different ****ing town than the pizza place you just ordered from. How soon do you expect the dammed thing.

On the lighter side... drunk people tip surprisingly well.

5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Not being able to escape from the bloody football and now a summer of my Mrs going completely mentile over Big Brother.

6. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Go for a 90 minute break. Nobody will notice!

7. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Big Brother - Won't it just die already?

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This. They say it's the last season this year. They're only 10 seasons late.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I've taken to doing a dd/mmm/yyyy format myself, just on principle. Today is 10 Jun 2010. Christmas is 25 Dec 2010. When spoken today is "ten June twenty ten". It's very objective and simple and no one can ever get confused because the month uses letters.

But your peeve and talladega's post after has me asking a question: What's standard in Canada?

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

In Canada both are used. :(

my drivers license = mm/dd/yyyy
    my passport = dd/mmm/yyyy

its stupid

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

F***** VUVZELAS
    It's 7:50 AM, and these g*d damned things have been going for an hour now.
    To give you an idea:
    I am sitting inside an office building, with windows closed, the aircon on, the doors closed.
    I can hear two things: Draksis typing and a f***ing vuvuzela at any given time. It's grating my t*ts now.

12. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Ya, that crap is so irritating, and the major problem is that it will be going on ALL.DAY! :wallbash:

If any of you don't know what it sounds like: think dieing yak, stuck in the mud, screaming for help. Now imagine about 50 of them, all at once! :waah::waah:

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

and screaming accross the road...
    I think I died and went to hell... maybe not. Celine Dion would be in hell, backed up by a Vuvuzela orchestra

14. chimmy09

people that wait until the last second to order.

last night at exactly 11:57 some stupid ****ing lady ordered a pizza. We close at 12:00. It wouldn't have been as big a deal if she just ordered a large, but no, she orders a Giant, which means I have to sheet it out, put it in a pan, sauce it, cheese it, and generally make a big ****ing mess that needs to be cleaned again. Then, she decides to wait until 12:26 to come pick it up, when we told her it would be 10 minutes. This is all made worse by the fact that she was about a 20 second walk from our store(in her own store).

15. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

add some special short'n'curly toppings to it!

:lol:

smc8788 likes this.
  16. chimmy09

I'd rather add a punch to the face to the order. free of charge :D

17. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

When your grocery store has exactly none of the fresh chickens you wanted, and that was the only thing you needed.

18. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

stop-turners. you know; the people who think their volvo will tip over if they clear the lane any faster than a crawl. live on the edge you yuppy. make that corner at a respectable speed. your holding up an entire lane by coming to a near stop to make your right hand turn.

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i agree with that, its my pet peeve in life.

Except the statement towards volvo's, mine's usually sideways into any turn, nothing better than turning into a downhill junction to feel the steering go light and then back end flop out like a drunk elephants on the back, to then snap back and pull like a train! Yes understeer followed by oversteer, all in a FWD car.

20. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

of coarse i didnt mean offense to ALL volvo drivers. but you have to admit, volvos are traditionally a utilitarian vehicle and most people that drive them dont drive them like they have anywhere in particular to be at the time :lol:

maybe i should have used oldsmobile or cadillac as examples :thumb: