1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Posting through Royal Mail

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 2 Aug 2020.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Hi folks,

TLDR; I’m a grumpy old man and would prefer to avoid going to the post office, can I send prepaid 1st/2nd class large letters in Jiffy bags in the post box?

I don’t post much through Royal Mail because I tend to want the tracking and loath waiting at my local post office even if I can make it their in opening hours. It’s easier popping by the garage and sending Hermes.

I have a stack of old CDs/DVDs/Games I want to sell through eBay, they’re not worth much at all so it’s an exercise is building up feedback than money.

Most sell for a few quid including postage and nobody is going to buy a CD with £2.40 postage vi Hermes. If I buy prepaid large letter postage can I whack that in the post box presuming I want the bog standard first/second class service?

I remember doing something once before and they still needed me to go the post office to realise it was 5grams overweight but that could have been tracked

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Yes.

Pay and print the label online and save a little bit as well. There is a size and weight limit, but for a CD you should be fine.

I do it all the time for stuff that doesn’t need proof of delivery/postage

Bazz likes this.
  3. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

I have a vape shop, and every day I post 50ml bottles of liquid in large padded envolopes for 88p via ebay's service, if I am sending 2 i just up the weight to 200g and they cost around £1.70, and i just drop them in a post box.
    A CD or 3 will be fine to send as a large letter as long as they are no more than 25mm thick.

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Thanks fellas, just wanted to make sure before I started!

There’s a post box literally down the road so wanted an easy solution rather than spending 45 minutes in a post office for a 99p CD