1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Anubis

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PandaMom, 12 Nov 2019.

1. PandaMom

PandaMom What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, this is my first project log and my first time modifying my case. I technically started this project back in May, but that was a whole different idea and case. I couldn't decide on a case for the longest time and I was flip flopping back and forth between cases, much to the disdain of my ex-boyfriend. I actually bought the main bits of hardware from him; the Asus Rampage VI Extreme, a G.Skill Trident Z 8x8 kit of ram, and a Founders Edition 1080ti with a Swiftech Komodo gpu block already installed. The case I finally decided to go with is the Raijintek Enyo, and this thing is a beast, she weighs 42-43 pounds (21 kilos) empty.

2. PandaMom

This is the case after I put it together, it took like 20 mins at most and it came flat packed, maybe Ikea should partner with them lol

[​IMG]

And I wanted to see what it looked like with the motherboard in, and it makes EAtx look small with how much room there still is

[​IMG]

Dot_Kappa likes this.
  3. PandaMom

I ordered some materials that I've never worked with before and they came in the other day. I ordered 2 6061 sheets of aluminum, about 1/8th of an inch thick and 22"x6" from MidwestSteelSupply. The acrylic I ordered from TAPPlastics and I ordered two sheets of 410x320mm acrylic and it's 3mm thick. Both of the orders took about 4-5 days to arrive to my apartment.

upload_2019-11-12_12-44-37.png

[​IMG]

I need to trim down the second piece so they sit flush together, then drill and paint them.

Attached Files:

4. PandaMom

There's been a slight change of plans with Anubis. I traded my 7940x for a 9600k (planning on upgrading to the 9900k later), the Gigabyte Aorus Master z390 mobo, and 2 480gb Kingston m.2's. I also sold the Asus Rampage VI Extreme motherboard for 200 dollars (I paid 200 for it) and an all chrome Heatkiller cpu block that he pre-lapped. This also requires me to change gold color I was planning on using to nickle/chrome, which is perfectly fine.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Is that long sheet mirrored? if it is, be aware it's probably extruded plexi and handles different from the cast. It has a lower melting point. Jig and scroll saws melt it easily.

6. PandaMom

It's just regular extruded acrylic, and I'm actually not using it I decided to just use the big sheets for the motherboard tray cover. As well as just the aluminum sheets to reinforce the bottom part

7. PandaMom

I'm an idiot lol, the long "mirrored" part is actually the aluminum sheet

8. pcroombrasil

pcroombrasil Minimodder

9. PandaMom

This is from when I was using gold paint to accent stuff. I pre-drilled the holes so once I sand, prime and paint it, and grind down the other sheet (same size) they're going to look the same

[​IMG]

This is also from when I left an acrylic sheet outside because I forgot to bring it in, after I decided to use the aluminum instead. It rained all day and it finally went below freezing. [​IMG]

10. PandaMom

Hey guys, sorry about no updates for a while. I had some stuff come up and I also took that time and rethought out my plan for this build. I sold some of the hardware and used that money to buy the other parts. I sold the 7940x and the motherboard, and some of the watercooling hardware. I bought new fittings and tubing (going from 12 mm to 14mm), a 9900k (I got this on a family trip to Kansas and we stopped at the Microcenter there), and the Asus Maximus XI Extreme motherboard.

For the overall build I also changed the color scheme to silver and blue from gold and blue. I'm ordering new acrylic to use as a new motherboard tray and to cover all the unnecessary holes in the case. I also am either going to sleeve my own cables or go with Cablemod custom cables, I did buy a premade kit from Cablemod for now though. I'll admit that I wasn't expecting this build to take so long, but I want to do this right. I also got a new job and I actually have weekends off (or at least Saturday off, I have Dnd on Sundays) and a set schedule.