1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Those look to be the Legris aka push-fit, aka plug'n'cool type fittings. I can also get them from AlphaCool in the correct size. I may be wrong, but I don't think you can use Tygon tubing with those fittings. You need to use the stiff PVC type. If someone knows different, please post...I think I will be OK with the straight compression fittings..Thanks.

2. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

the legris (push-in, push-on,..... there are many names for them) fittings only work with the PUR (poly-urethane) or PUR-W (soft version) tubes.

here´s an EXAMPLE how they work (if anybody is interested :D)

3. Brubacker

Brubacker What's a Dremel?

I've got some flexible PUR ( UV reactive and they've got it in Red to ;) )tubing from alphacool togheter with those legris fittings and it works fine over here ...
    and the tubing is pretty flexible ...

4. modsquad

Thanks guys. If my compression fittings don't work out I will go with the plug-n-cool fittings and a short run of the non-tygon (clear) tubing in/out of the AC AquagraFX..

5. mazlink

mazlink What's a Dremel?

Another idea

Nice work done so far modsquad :thumb:

I used a half day reading to this point :eeek:

And when i saw your solution to you "problem" with the mounting of the pump with the red acryl i came up with an idea you can use or leave, if you dont like it. Someone in a ealier post talked about polishing the buttom of the motherboard area, and the idea i had, was instead of that, to put at red acryl plate there to, like on the side of the mounting for drives.

6. modsquad

The Christmas Update

That is a good idea, but I like the chrome/aluminum look. As I said I have some polish that should brighten up that area. Speaking of chrome. My chrome guy dropped the ball and did not get my parts finished (next week).
    I did get a Christmas present from fellow mod-dude ShoNuff. The perfect IDE cable for my project. It is a great match for my PSU's sleeving and heatshrink and nice and short (6")..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The cable is made by www.pactech-inc.com/
    That information alone would have been greatly appreciated, but [ShoNuff] was kind enough to send me one!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Sho, and happy holidays..
    [ShoNuff] has a very nice LL V1000 (green/silver) mod going on, check it out........
    http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3140395#post3140395
    On the Aqua-Computer front my boys released there PCI-Express versions of there kick-*** GPU blocks. The new aquagraFX 6800LE and aquagratiX800 as well as blocks for ATI X700 and Nvidia 6600 (versions for both AGP and PCI-E). I also noticed something that could help me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I would not be using the barbs, but ALL of Aqua-Computer stuff is G1/4" or G1/8" and I have straight compression fittings in both sizes. I will try to get myself a pair of those blocks..
    I started working on the red acrylic cover plate for my AC Aquaero.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BUT with the holidays..that is as far as I will get for awhile...
    MERRY CHRISTMAS...........I hope Santa comes up with some cutting-edge hardware for under your tree..............
    MS

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  7. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

or cutting edge modware :p
    Drill press and belt/disc sander in santas bag for me :p
    Im not sure if ive commented in this log yet, but i gotta say, its coming along very very nicely. I will say its friggin expensive looking, and i dont see how you can afford to get everything chromed, constant hardware changes, etc etc. Someones a mr. moneybags :p

But it honestly looks beautiful. Props to you and ill say im keeping my eye on this to the end ;D

8. modsquad

Thanks..Santa may bring me a AMD Athlon64 FX-55 Chip or a Canon EOS Digital Rebel (all my pictures from day-1 have been with a PowerShotA70). Not only does it look expensive, it was (is) expensive. I got a high-interest load from Mr. Potter...
    [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas deadly-app!!

9. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Did you adjust for the gap?

If you haven't noticed already, there is a small gap (in terms of width) of the Aquaero faceplate and your case. It is a small gap but a noticeable gap nonetheless. I tried to center the faceplate as best as I could however it is still noticeable. It doesn't look as bad in the pic but is more noticeable in person.

[​IMG]

Make sure you tell Santa that NewEgg has the FX-55's in stock. If you have really been good let Santa know that the Asus A8N-SLI is in stock as well. Have Santa PM me and I'll let him know where he can get the A8N for a much better price than NewEgg's.

I am really looking forward to the day when you fire that thing up. I've heard good things about your rad and really want to see what your temps will look like under load in the V1000. :thumb:

Last edited: 24 Dec 2004
  10. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

Oye now i wouldnt mind an fx55 for xmas, but im pretty content with my 3400+ :)

but good luck!

11. Vazzini42

Vazzini42 What's a Dremel?

you could cut a nice square hole in a black piece of plastic and put it between the faceplate and the LCD should hide that gap pretty cleanly. Looks real purdy so far.

Vazz

12. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

No they definately do compression style fittings aswell as the Plug 'n' Cool, they look identical to what Alphacool might supply but you'll probably pay less if you need a few at a time.

13. modsquad

[ShoNuff]
    Your silver V1000 shows up that small gap more than my black version will (I would think). I cut the red acrylic, but have yet to install the unit (still waiting for my black Aquaero face plate)(5 MONTHS AND COUNTING). You could make up a face plate from an extra LL 5.25" plate and add it to the top of your aquaero. I also noticed your Aquaero face plate looks a little different from the one I have
    [​IMG]
    Yours is the VFD model as well?
    Santa did get me a FX-55 chip, but he got it from
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp
    about $100 cheaper that newegg. As for the Innovatek radiator. Honestly I have not seen any reviews. It is more compact than Aqua-Computers Airplex Evo 120 and that made for an EZ'er fit. I do know the Innovatek 120 is aluminum and all Aqua-Computer's radiators are copper.

fillip
    I looked again. All I see is push-fit fittings. Can you link the page for me?

14. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hi Modsquad,
    I can't wait to see that red plexi faceplate for the Aquaero......I think it is going to look stunning ;)

You are right, I would love to have the Aquaero, pity I can't get it available in South Africa.....perkele.......will do some hunting, see if I can stumble across one...lol...

Anyway, keep up the good work, I am very curious to see the end result of this one! Have the makings of a fantastic Mod.

Talk to you later,
    MrBean.

15. modsquad

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.. I should have my chrome parts as well as my AMD FX-55 Chip by weeks end. I am looking forward to working out the plumbing for BN and getting the Aqua-Computer Cuplex Evo installed (not just mock-up)..
    [​IMG]
    As well as the Vantec power supply, I sleeved/heatshrinked this thing months ago. It's cables need to stretch out after sitting in it's box for soo long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The PSU install is a big job, not bolting in the unit but cable stealth could/will take some time!! I have a tuff work week ahead ( have to pay for that FX-55), but more vacation coming soon...Until then...

16. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Clean as always MS.... I hear you about the PSU. You saw the crap I had to go through with mine (twice) :hehe:

Keep the pics coming!

17. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Still looking good after all this time. Can't wait for you to bring this project to completion.

18. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

MS I have the Aquaero USB Revision 3.07 VFD. I compared the faceplates and did not notice a difference. I did receive the faceplate that matches my case on the last big shipment from SNT. The text on the faceplate is difficult to see in the picture. The gap really isn't that bad but it is noticeable. Thanks for the tip/fix.

19. modsquad

Yep. Must be the picture. I think the only Aquaero VFD is rev 3.07..Speaking of Aqua-Computer, they posted news of a English language web store coming in 2005. That has to mean shipments to the US and accepting credit cards!!! Truly wonderful news!!! ROCK ON AC>>>>>>>>>>>>
    http://www.aqua-computer.de/e_index.htm

20. Carbon

Carbon Banned

i havnt made a post in this thread for a while :D, just read the whole log and i must say iam very impressed at the general progress since the last time i looked.

Keep it up :D