1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

OK Modsquad, you're right. It looks nice red. Sorry, I didn't remember it if you posted it before... :wallbash:

[​IMG]

droooooool....... way to go Sharka corp! :naughty:

Though the country I live in is like the 'Port' to Germany, when I order stuff from them it usually takes around 2 weeks to get here. The distance is like 600km or less to Berlin. Those Germans invaded my country quicker in comparison of deliviry!

Still... all those boxes come down to pure horniness. Faboulisticalous. Sexxxified. :naughty:

2. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Rh1n0x, you need to get out more :hehe: :hehe:

Those boxes do look good though! :thumb:

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Huh... maybe my startup numbers were a bit high. I think I had figured like 10 APE360s... only looks like 4 in that pic.

Are those big chunky white things flow meters?

4. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Those chunky white things look like flow meters to me :)

5. Firehed

I'd swear they're bigger than I thought, but then again I have a very good idea of how big the 360 rads are so maybe they are closer to what I imagined. I'm absolutely ***horrible*** at judging the sizes of things in pictures.

6. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

OT

I think you will see a "full-line" stocking Aqua Computer dealer within the next 90 days. That means everything in stock that they sell here in the good ole USA. Stock is coming in about every two weeks now. Probably won't see the led fans and light bars as they get that stuff from China anyway. But expect just about everything else on the shelf and available for immediate delivery. :clap:

7. Firehed

With a bit of luck, that "full-line" dealer will be me :D That reminds me.. need to do that paperwork. :rolleyes:

8. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

OT

Well what I always say is the more the merrier for the Aqua-Fanz :D I would suggest that you not be a specialized A-C dealer or you will probably go under pretty fast. There just isn't enough demand to support the business you need to generate the profit you will want to make. Plan on about 50-75K in stock right off the bat in a variety of different lines. Also helps to be located somewhere where you have easy access to suppliers so you can use them as part of your inventory and eliminate lead times. You may be able to establish open lines of credit here in the states, but all overseas suppliers require cash up front before they will ship. I know of none that will ship this kind of stuff on an open account over international borders especially in the computer business. Good luck on your new business adventure! :clap:

9. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

The Shark is off to a great start with Aqua-Computer gear. That is a "super-size" shipment. SNT on the other hand is having problems. Computer problems, that is. People are unable to order (so I hear), but I don't think they have much in stock at this point anyway. There last shipment was almost a month ago. I do know I can't get them to answer my emails or PM's.. :waah:

10. Firehed

TN just to let you know, I'm not looking to make ungodly amounts of money, I'm looking to make a reasonable amount of profit while allowing US modders access to AC gear without the wait and at acceptable prices. Sharka sounds to be doing the same thing but with only a small portion of the catalog by the looks of it, however I'll be stocking just about everything in the AC line (or that's the plan). I'll keep your advice in mind, however I'll be pretty much only German watercooling parts, at least to start (think SNT minus delays minus b*tchbreaker plus good service). I don't ever plan on carrying typical american watercooling parts, with the possible exception being the Black Ice series of rads with G1/4 fittings. Maybe some various modding supplies as well, but as I said it's still in the planning stage.

It's still in the planning phase however I hope to get some paperwork filed this week and with any luck be open for the summer. The main problem I have is that I can't get a reseller account (and see the reseller rates) without the business paperwork, but it's hard to plan a business if you don't know what your costs are :rolleyes:

I know modsquad was kind enough to do so already, but if anyone who has purchased or plans to purchase Aqua Computer parts could shoot an email to ac{at}1sweetpc{dot}com with a list of those parts it would really help me out a lot.

Now enough of my blabbering, it's your thread modsquad :D

11. modsquad

The way I see it, this is everyones thread. The thread has grown and taken on a life of it's own. That is just what I wanted. A thread to share thoughts, ideas and information.
    Also somewhat of a Aqua-Computer shrine, and that is fine with me as well.. :thumb:

12. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Hehe yes since you obviously worship at the altar of AC ;)

13. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Please don't do that to yourself! Do you have any idea how many different things A-C sells? I think at last count it was about 250-300 separate items. Most of which you definitely DO NOT want in your stock. Things change rapidly in the computer biz so you can end up with stock that you can't sell very fast or at all and can't return to the mfg because they don't want it either. :( When manufacturer's drop prices for no discernable reason that is a warning sign to ditch whatever you have of that in stock quick and don't buy anymore unless you have solid orders to fill. :)

The big reasons for companies going out of biz in the first couple of years is lack of planning, no marketing plan, undercapitalization, and poor business practices. If you have ever been involved in a distribution business then the costs and profit margins don't differ a lot over a wide variety of goods because the costs associated with distribution are pretty much the same. You should have a pretty good idea of what your discount is going to have to be based on your projected costs and marketing

14. Firehed

Well not their case modding accessories, just the actual watercooling stuff, and I won't exactly be heavily stocking things like the FX5900 block. The first couple of months would be kinda wierd in that regard anyways where I can start to guage what sells the most and fastest and whatnot.

Regardless, I appreciate your advice a lot and will definately take it into account when I'm figuring out what to initally stock. Once I offically have a business (on paper) I can get info on reseller pricing and figure out what my prices would be accordingly.

15. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

You don't even want to put ANYTHING in stock for a 5900 block! That should be a non-stock item available by special order only unless you can get them dirt cheap and can sell them dirt cheap. The GPU biz changes about every 6 months so that what you buy today has about 6 months of good profits after which you will have to start discounting it to move it off your shelves. At about a year that top of the line cooler is essentially worthless to you as a retailer.

The first couple of stock orders is essentially a crap shoot based on what you think the market wants and what you can sell to meet that demand. This is where the business experience pays off. You need to accurately predict what is going to be happening in the computer biz for at least the next 6 months or so. The better you can predict what your customers will want the better you can respond to market fluctuations.

My best suggestion is if you have $30,000 to play with then put it all in a bank. The bank should be a commercial bank that is used to providing you with the business services you will want like being able to transfer money to foreign countries. Spend a few grand to go see a financial biz consultant with a MBA that can help you lay out a solid biz and marketing plan. Drop about $10K in stock, spend another $3K in capital expenditures to run your business like phones, faxes, copy machines, shipping stuff, etc. Basically all the stuff you need to run your biz including insurance. Budget out a website that has at least T1 line hooked to it off site and set aside the money to pay for it for a year. The rest of the money you leave in the bank account to deal with lifes little suprises and to allow you to respond immediately to a good deal. At the same time you are doing all this you go to your bank and see about getting a decent line of credit for emergencies or to float your biz while waiting for a shipment to come in from overseas. If you have a well laid out biz and marketing plan and have a bit of money in their bank they will probably be more than happy to extend you credit. :D

I will bill you later for the biz advice ;)

16. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Hey Firehed I just sent you an email about AC stuff. One thing I forgot to add was some Plug&Cool Bulkhead fittings

Hey Modsquad any plans for an update? ;)

17. modsquad

Yes, tomorrow. BN gets a second VFD.
    PREVIEW:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Sep 2008
  18. modsquad

Martix Orbital VFD

I am happy with the look of BN's interrior with the exception of the wire-pass-through on the case's divider plate.
    My original plan was to add a red acrylic panel to the hole...BUT then :idea:
    The unit in question is the MX-333 a 2-line VFD display.
    Using the stock front panel as a template I made a red acrylic mounting plate for the unit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Martix Orbital MX-333 fits like a glove. No need for any case mod (no cutting/drilling), the unit "fits like a glove".
    Test fit:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Clean-up the divider plate and re-install the rubber C-strip:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What does it look like powered up?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The unit is visible with the side window in place. My plan is to use it for text (bill-board), you know..Project Black Narcissus..Aqua-Cooled with Aqua-Computer...and the like..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the last few:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Until next time.. :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Sep 2008
  19. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

2 displays :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: you must be crazy

20. mrhanky

mrhanky What's a Dremel?

nice one, but it would even look nicer if you could raise them a couple of millimeters