1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. Turbochris

Turbochris What's a Dremel?

Holy crap. HL is my game, I have about 5 gigs of single player mods. That rig is awesome. It's beyond awesome. It's captured the cold industrial feeling of the game. When I look at that rig I get the same feeling of fear and confusion that the game gives me. The festo filters are an excelent idea.

2. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

it was the thing in the front......there was no way of making it work in the first place so it really doesnt have too much of a purpose.

looks pilou but one thing i need to say.....WIRE MANAGEMENT. Trust me.... it will look sooooooo much better if you clen up that mess of cabling inside

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze What's a Dremel?

oh my god... nice nice nice... one of the best mods i have ever seen! stay tuned

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Nothing short of astounding

Wow, piloux

I have to say that this is, without a doubt, one of the best mods I have ever seen. I've been watching this project take form for quite some time now, and I can honestly say that it has been a blast to watch.

This was such a wonderfully original idea, and the execution is just about perfect. I really like the way you incorporated the "feel" of the game. Rather than smiply use the logo and theme colors, you actually fabricated the case to "become" HL. I especially like the use of the faux rust! And the fact that the construction continues inside the case is just outstanding! No standard window cutout here, no, you had to go and make the whole thing look like some post apocolyptic beast.

I'm sure I could gush on and on about how amazing this case looks, and how it has inspired me to push on with my first (and stupidly simple by comparison) mod, but there really isn't anything I can say that hasn't already been said.

Anywhoo...bravo on a super job-well-done! :clap:

I couldn't agree more!

-monkey

5. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Update time :)

First thank you very much for comments guys , each time I come on the forum I read greats and awesome comments about my work and I have to say that it is very gratefull for me and my motivation :thumb: thank you

well , some good news and others bads...

I have paint the news potetiometers buttons :

[​IMG]

and make some paint test with these sleeve:here with rust effect :

[​IMG]

and here with copper color paint:

[​IMG]

then I receive 256mb ram from a friend to test the beast

result : no boot :wallbash: ... after a lot of test and trys I realized that the DVD drive was dead :duh: then I disconnect it to try : 1st boot of the Blackmesa case :D GREAT DAY :rock:

[​IMG]

after format the hdd , installing XPpro ... with another drive : everything s ok :)

RIP DVD

here is a family pic :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see you soon for next update:D :dremel:

Last edited: 27 Apr 2004
  6. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

that's right but it is very difficult to manage this amount of wires, I ll try to make it better :thumb:

yes , I broke the amper gauge and this is a really little piece into it that I broke and Im afraid that this is not fixable :duh:

7. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Waht a family photo... sorry to hear about the drive... they all do that sometimes. Nice job on the case... glad to hear that it boots...

8. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Can we see a family photo with both comps running? That pic made Dark Crystal look quite dull, and thats just wrong! :D

9. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Very sweet stuff.

You definatelly wer'nt happy about the drive after all that paint work :waah:

Ohhh..well, modders have to pay a price :dremel:

KEEP IT UP!

Cheers,
    Mike

10. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Actually, I think it looks better with the mess of wires. Fits the theme better :thumb:

The case looks amazing, too bad about the DVD drive though, looks like you'll have to do the rusting one more time :D

11. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

here it is ;)

[​IMG]

of course :duh: it seems that I have to buy another one and re-paint it again...but I ll take a look inside before to see where does the malfunction come

12. Garbach

Garbach What's a Dremel?

He Piloux, maybe you should put 2 3mm white leds in your amp meter to lighten that up. It could use some light I think, so you can monitor it even in the dark!!

Garbach

13. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

maybe just replace the panel one the new one, with the old painted one, assuming these drives are identical

Cheers,
    Mike

14. Indigoue

Indigoue What's a Dremel?

If you didn't miss it, the ampere gauge is dead, why monitor it then eh?

15. l'edo

l'edo What's a Dremel?

still looking really nice... keep modding :thumb:

16. Garbach

Garbach What's a Dremel?

OK, so monitoring is out of the question, but it still would look nice lit up.. :D
    Maybe flikkering in the proces

Garbach

17. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

well, in fact I broke it by fixing the hdd green led into it, I tryed to put the led at best place to give it a nice lightning without see the led from the exterior but the light is not enough visible :blah:

18. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Thanks, i feel special now :D

19. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

its getting better every update :rock:

sorry about your DVD-DRIVE :waah:

20. seanblee

seanblee What's a Dremel?

What can I say but, WOW. I just stumbled on this thread tonight and I've spent the last 4 hours reading through it, and I'm taken aback. Beautiful job man, very very cool.