1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Project Green Dragon

Hello My fellow modders out there!
    Now it's my turn to do a litte modding. My victim is a Chieftec Dragon (yeah yeah the same old box which everyone has...)

Here are some of the features I will have in my box:
    -Watercooling
    -Noisedamping mates (where there is space left)
    -UV Green cables and water dye
    -Three windows (one on the left side, one in the top, and a sanded or frosted window on the right side)
    -A dragon scratched into the top window
    -I'll probably insert a window in my dvd drive aswell
    -Hopefully a nice finish on my paint :naughty:

Well, egnough talk... Here are some sketches that show my ideas. All pics are clickable;).
    (anyone with experience with sketchup 3D who can tell me how to remove those ugly white areas on the side of the fictures?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dragon in this window (in the top) will be scratched with a dremel. (hope i have the skills required) :dremel: The window will be lit up with green 3mm LEDs from the side(s)
    [​IMG]

This is the right side og my box. the plexi will be either sanded or frosted. it will also be lit by green 3mm LEDs from the side(s). the buttons in int top ig the box will be my on/off button and my "watercooling on/off" button. in the middle I will place a green 5mm LED to show hdd activity. The reason I chose to place the buttons on the door is because i want to be a little original.. and since i never have seen anyone with the buttons on the door, I'll go for that idea.. :idea:
    [​IMG]

The grill I will have on my radiator. the naked girl breaks with the overall theme, but i like that grill so I'll use it at least til I find a more suitable one.
    [​IMG]

It will take quite a while before I will post any updates (I think), because my exams are just around the corner so I have to study....

I know my sketches are a bit off scale, but thy are just to show you my ideas :lol:

Please excuse my english. I'm norwegian ;)

Comments?

Last edited: 9 Feb 2005
  2. Acid Burn

Hmmm... many spectators but no comments :worried:

3. Poggie

Poggie What's a Dremel?

Bra stian

Last edited: 12 May 2004
  4. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Yummy color choices! I like the jagged edges of the windows.

Dragon is sweet too!
    Now....

Get to work!!! ;)

:dremel: :dremel: :dremel:

5. Acid Burn

Thanks! :D

Hehe I have started (just sprayed my water pump). more will come during this weekend (i hope).

6. Acid Burn

Hardware Updates!

Hey! I just came home from a little shopping trip to Norway. I also have done a little spray painting...
    Well, here goes, Enoy :baby: :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Eheim 1048 water pump:)
    [​IMG]

My spray painted Eheim 1048 water pump :D
    [​IMG]

My cd burner spraypainted, hope i mannage to put it together again :dremel:
    [​IMG]

I'll do some more spray painting this weekend :) stay tuned.

EDITED: Stupid mistake where I mannagd to misspell the name of my water pump :blush:

Last edited: 16 May 2004
  7. AlaskanModder

AlaskanModder What's a Dremel?

Hmm. You have the same keyboard as me =-) Noticed the HL2 project also has one.. i suppose everyone just likes the Logitech =-)

8. Acid Burn

hehe yeah I love this keyboard. i had the previous model of it, but it broke down after intense gaming on a LAN party during spring break :)

9. vgatchaman

vgatchaman What's a Dremel?

I love the jagged window design, it's a great break from the normal square windows I'm so use to seeing. The dragon designs also look great, can't wait to see the final product!

On another note....I wish I had the money to go out on a little shopping spree like that :grr: hahah

10. Acid Burn

Hehe thanks mate! here's a tip: borrow your father's creditcard :D (yes he gave it to me so i could ny these parts..) Stealing is a nono :nono: :hehe:

I think Ill paint the doors to morrow. or maby I'll start cutting out those jagged edges :dremel:

Right now I'm sanding the front of my case. it's rough and i want it smoooooth :naughty:

11. y_N_e_M_a

y_N_e_M_a What's a Dremel?

looking good so far :thumb:

just a suggestion on a new fan grill for that fan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they are available at PC Case Gear, in oz, but im sure if you look around you will be able to find them a little closer to were you are.

12. Acid Burn

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'm going for two of These. Going to cut out that fan mesh in the back of the case, and insert the grills and 80mm green LED fans. The fans are going to suck hot air out of the case, but are really just for the looks so I'll have them running on very low speed.

I'm going to have a huge order for the us when i have egnough money. need about $350!!

All suggestions are welcome! :thumb:

Last edited: 16 May 2004
  13. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Looks very nice, keep it up :dremel:

Cheers,
    Mike

14. Acid Burn

Thanks mike! Nothing is better than to get good response on my work :)
    Today I have spraypainted my case (not the doors though), but now I have ran out of paint so I'll buy some more to morrow. I have also cut out a little more of the jagged edges on my door. It's taking a little longer that I had reckoned, but I'm getting there. Pictures will follow as soon as I'm finished with the cutting.

15. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Just don't rush it, take youre time.

Cheers,
    Mike

16. Acid Burn

hehe I know I have to relax and give it time, but I have very bad patience. :D awww my back hurts for standing bent over the door... :yawn:

17. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

I like the sketchups :)
    File => Export => Raster Image will remove the geometry lines and construction lines, but you'll have to use an image edited like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro to remove the excess white.

I like the dragon on your side panel alot, can't wait to see how that turns out :)
    As for the buttons on panel, I guess alot of people have their computer placed right next to something so they can't access buttons or anything on that side of the case.. At least I can't :p
    Like the idea though :)

Edit: Eek, just read in another thread that you're from belgium. Why did you go to Norway and buy this stuff? We're just about the most expensive country in Europe!
    ..And you've bought a keyboard with norwegian keys on it?

18. Acid Burn

hehehe another norwegian, and we speak english to eachother :D

Thanks for the compliments and the guideline on how to remove the white areas :) I did the export -> Raster Image, but the pictures obove was the result I got. Don't know how to remove those dotted lines... well, the important thing is to show you guys what my general plans are, and to show you what it will finally look like.

The trip to Norway to buy the parts was combined with a visit to my cousin's confirmation, so I killed two birds with one stone ;)

19. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

Hmmm the name on the pump still says Eheim :p :p :p :naughty:

20. Acid Burn

HAHAHA :hehe: now that's a newbie mistake! I can't even remember the name on my own water pump :blush: hahaha I feel so ashamed! well... sh*t happens :D

EDIT: Now I have corrected the name ;)