1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project GT500 Mod 09 mom nomination!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Degenerate83, 27 Nov 2008.

?

What should the final colour sceme be?

Poll closed 18 Feb 2009.
  1. Candy orange with black stripes

41.0%
  2. Classic white flames going to black

15.4%
  3. All back the lightning and horse

12.8%
  4. Black with blue real flames and grey stipes

30.8%
  1. TiTON

TiTON IRONMODS

hey.. interestnig mod.. Like your "gull wings".. I did my "Lambo" doors a bit differnetly on a mod a few years back. Great job.. keep on going!!

- Ton

2. turboshifter

turboshifter What's a Dremel?

you could use car hood dampers to lift the doors

3. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 What's a Dremel?

cheers for all the comments guys!!! much apprichiated!!!

i was orrigionaly looking at doin the whole lambo door thing at beginging but making a custom 2 way hinge was too much work for me!

*turboshifter* hood dampners are the smae thing as a gas strut......there is just to much pressure in them to be of any use to me now

*fisher* cheers for advise on the koolance disconnects didnt think of that good one:thumb:

*mino* agh good old mike.....master of the flames!!! yeah def doing tht sort of work

*bullitdodger* haha thats well funny.......what sound exotic to some....really is dodgy to others!!

anyway onother updat coming soon folks so stay tuned!!

4. Degenerate83

quick release

hello all

well just a quick one today as its to cold to do anything in the garage at the mo!:brrr:

had a small delivery this morning nothing to exciting but it allows me to finish the lambo doors good and proper!!

[​IMG]

these are quick release plugs that you get on motorbikes and cars there only the small ones but have been waiting nearly a month for them to arrive! shocking i know but not complaing

[​IMG]

also had this front bay cover lying about and a light bulb went off:idea: so after cutting out

[​IMG]

drilled relevent holes and mounted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and fitted inside case

[​IMG]

just seemed like the logical thing to do. save bending a bit of aluminium when theres a prefect bit just lying about:D

anways i should hopefully be getting my ram from crucial soon still aint been released!

tomorrows plan is to finish all the plastic work and completley sound down front! then..... get ready for priming

and that you would have noticed a poll with the final four choices ive come to decide between, please vote more the winning option will be the final choice!

untill next time folks

Last edited: 3 Feb 2009
  5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Gun Metal and Black plz.

6. Reverse

Reverse Reverse/srvR

Candy orange with black stripes please :D

7. Degenerate83

Hi all small update for you all

seems alot off people want to see this in candy orange!!! i dont know just find it to much did find this tho
    http://www.dubdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/gasfusionlive-copy.jpg http://www.dubdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/gasfusionlive4-copy.jpg

which i thought was cool for the orange black look..

anway to much going on really!

im having a lot of trouble thinking of some feet to go on this build. i dont want wheels anymore just seen a few of these cases with wheels. but i need the height gain to allow for the 2 fan rad underneath

i knowed this up quickly but not happy with it needs something

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i aldo got round to custting out some orange plexi for the window as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also managed to get around to cutting out the shape for the bignq fan controller to be seen when gull wings are open as well.. i decided to mount on the oposite side the the cd drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well i aslo managed to get the psu working correctly as well just gave it a good bashing lol. no all seems fine really, so while i had all my electric stuff out i wired up the power button which has a nice amber glow just got to decide where to hide the reset button? as using an old one of an antec 900 case

if any1 had noticed i had a thread in the modding section about a custom water block for the chip sets of my motherboard, thankfully Foxconn have agreed to source me some as i managed to have a good old chat with their technical manager :D so more on that soon

and thats it for now folks........untill next time..

8. Degenerate83

evening all

well i hve a difficult decision to make regarding this build now.... and it all comes back to these damn gull doors! :grr: do i go with the gas struts which will set me back around £80 plus the strenghenin of the case or do i get a few hooks to keep them up? if i go for the first option it will look the part! damn fine almost. BUT it wouldnt be completed for the mfestival in april as i would have to wait for the springs to arrive and align them...bla bla bla paint delayed project set back a few weeks or hools done....quick job doesnt look as good but ready for mfestival? i know there will be another mfestival this year but can i wait?

i could really do with other peoples opions on this as i'm finding it really difficult. i know the upside would be it would look amazing and everything would be as i want it, but then im letting a few people down by not reaching the festival.

let me know guys!

9. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Good mods wants long times...
    For my mod, that must be ready for 30 October, I've started to order the pieces in November :)
    Take your time, and do a good job, it's hard to don't go to a modding meeting, but, hey, do you want to go in tuxedo or in tshirt?
    :)

10. Degenerate83

Mino!! i love the way you put things.. Yeah your right really....will have to let a few people down i guess to get a product that looks the buisness!

well just had a nice discusion with my contact at sapphire about the water cooling off the toxic 4870's and they dont have a standard pcb so send this back to him for some replacment! will let you know what happens with this.

Also Ram from crucial has been ordered so looking forward to that arriving :D will be first to have the new Ballistix range whohoo!

In other news..decided to stip back the psu and well going to redo all the able braiding as not happy with it at the mo looks a bit shabby so need to order a slightly larger cable sleeve.

its also interesting that so many people want to see this build in candy orange, bit of a shocker but still time yet

should have proper update early next week so untill then post your comments guys......oh motm soon fingers crossed might get nominated.....Not!:duh:

11. Supa_M

Supa_M What's a Dremel?

I dunno if this was your initial idea, but if u worried about the shock value of black strips on an orange case...y don't u invert it..and put orange strips on a black case?...

12. Degenerate83

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Loving this mod so far, I can see exactly the look you're going for and can tell that it's going to be something special! What game/ clan are you playing for at 36? I had planned to be there with our new 2009 i7 based demo PC but I've just spent the past week tearing it to pieces to replace the motherboard after a nasty water cooling leak (Fluid XP isnt as inert as it claims to be!) and with an increased workload it looks unlikely that I'll be able to have it up and running again for april never mind having to take the weekend/ 4 days off to attend! I think 2010 will be our year for the iSeries ;)

14. Degenerate83

cheers unicorn apprichiated! i was planning to be representing dipclan http://www.dipclan.co.uk/ which was started by a load of mates from my hometown... Well with the increased amount of work..shitty weather amd disinct lack of funds i may end out pulling out of the april one. But if i know the i series they'll have a summer venue as well :D so will get it to that one if not.

15. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Lol, you're a crazy man!
    Anyway, take your time, and plan well where to place the sponsor logos, they can be happy with the position, and maybe you can contact them in future...
    :)
    Candy orange and black is a good color scheme, this reminds me the Orange Monster from Darkened, and I love his and this mod!

Maybe next month for the MOM ...

16. Degenerate83

cheers mino!

Yeah def gotta be carefull where to put the logo's....thinking street car look for this.....but not giving to much away just yet!!

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Ah Dip clan, theres a good chance we have played you guys at some point in the past... I'm CL of the (currently inactive) Genuine Killers CSS clan. I'm normally tagged and named gK^ Uni in matches. Our ED page or yours would tell ya ;) Anyway theres a good chance i'l get to see this at a future Mfestival (seeing as were apparently not calling the the iSeries anymore :p) because amongst my big plans for this year, getting a new gK CSS team formed, trained and to Mfestival by at least the start of 2010 is close to the top of the list!

Im subscribing to this, because ive read the rest of it and am lovin it so far!

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=260

What about using something like this? Two locking hinges will hold a small wooden door. I'm betting four of them would hold up a light computer door in the position you want.

19. Degenerate83

Cheers cheaps!! damn wish i had seen these before id mounted the doors! would have been perfect!

20. Degenerate83

Hi all

small uodate for ya..

today im not feeling to good as had a really bad reaction to the cable braiding that i was using so its all had to go...i mean my hands went all bloated nd stuff nd my eyes...well!!! thinking of getting some of the stuff that murdermods use looks like good stuff

anyway since i could do to much i thought that i would get the air brush out nd work on som of the acrylic work...this is my first attempt in nearly 5 years by the way!!

first printed sponser logo
    [​IMG]

next mask onto part and go crazy with some paint
    [​IMG]

unmask and look at your hany work
    [​IMG]

it dont look to bad to be honest and considering it on an internal part im quite happy with the result.

let us know what ya think peeps

ninja edit just done crucial logo as well

[​IMG]

untill next time

Last edited: 10 Feb 2009