1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: NLM. FINISHED 11.08.07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jegerjon, 6 Feb 2007.

1. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

Thank you :) I'm happy for all those replays, they really help me modding on!

Hixin @ Aah :p I don’t think that would work out, because I do also need to cool down the peltier which’s cooling down the water loop ^^ - you see? I think that the radiator is the best choice :)
    About the res, I’ve considered that idea, and it would really look great, the only problem is that the plexi isn’t thick enough, so it would be hard to lathe out that raise where the o-ring is. And because of that, it’ll properly be hard to make waterproof. But I’ll work on a solution cause it’ll defiantly be nice.

Koradhil @ Thank you :) Yep I’m using the colorworks paint, and it’s good! I do only add 2-3 layers, else I think that the paint would feel out the brushes.
    The paint is with no gloss at all, it’s mate all the way around :p

Jeebus @ Thank you :) It seems like we got the same taste ^^

Now I want to go to my workshop, and work on the h2o block for my fridge. Have a good day guys.

2. dan-ere-07

dan-ere-07 What's a Dremel?

Great mod
    looking forward to see the final product

nice handy little fridge :thumb:

3. jegerjon

Update 20 – Watercooling on the fridge & outside tubing @ Monday the 9th April 2007.

Intro
    Woha, now my coke should be cool as hell :D I think the outside tubing looks awesome, but i let you decide ;) I don’t want to talk any more, lets go to the pictures!

Den sjove del

Here’s the block:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well, maybe it’s not the highest performance, but it should be good enough to keep my coke cool :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I mounted it.

[​IMG]
    Now, lets cut out 4 pieces with the dimensions: 15*25mm, yep they are small, and i can tell you, it was a pain to cut them out.

[​IMG]
    And then drilling holes. Lol, actually it was even harder to drill 4mm holes in the 5mm plexi ^^

[​IMG]
    Time to drill the holes for the tubing holders.

4. jegerjon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It fits just perfect!

[​IMG]
    ;)

And here’s the pictures of the final result, enjoy :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Btw, there wasn’t space enough for the counter-sinked screws. So I’m going off with those: [​IMG]

Cya!

5. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

*drool*

6. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

I love the black / red acrylic combination. I'm going with the same colors in my next project so this mod is giving me lots of inspiration :D Personally I don't like the can cooler but its fun to have in your case. I usually take a mini fridge to a lanparty (actually its a beercrate cooler).
    Are you sure about those push-in fittings? I think they could come loose when transporting the case. I think you should replace them with screwfittings just to be sure.
    Oh and another question, is that UV reactive acrylic or just plain red transparent acrylic?

7. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

thats amazing, the tubes add something to the front that i didnt even know was missing until i saw it!

8. jegerjon

Thank you guys!

Koradhil @ The simpelnes from your last project (mystique) gave me a lot of inspiration too :)
    Oh yeah, the fridge is just for fun, I can’t wait to see how people react at lan parties when I can drink cold cokes all the time :D haha.
    I’ll wait and see if the fittings wok, if not I’ll use screwfittings as you’re talking about.
    The acryl isn’t UV active, and it’s actually orange irl ^^ my camera just don’t like the orange and make it red :/

Itsjustcompaq @ yea it adds some shape. I’m very pleased with the result :)

9. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

OK, now that I'm seeing the overall look better, I think the original screws you had (but black) looked the best afterall. See, you knew what you were doing because you had the vision in your mind.

One suggestion, I'd put some grommets or something where the tubes go through the front panel to make it look a little more finished. You may have been planning that already, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

10. jegerjon

I think that it'll look very smooth with those screws, but if it won't work with the case I’ll look for something else.
    Aha you're reading my minds :D Just wait for the next update, I’m adding something right there.

11. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Just read you log through and can't say anything else than FANTASTIC! The paint job looks outstanding!

Thumbs up for you! :thumb:

12. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

I really like the addition of the exterior tubing. My only suggestion would be to round the corners of the brackets that hold the tubing in place. I feel like that would fit the overall theme a bit better.

13. Soulmage

Soulmage Minimodder

Personally I think those will look aswome.

Basically ever time I look at this case and cases that use the same type of screws that you are currently using, my eyes just instantly get distracted from the main attractions of the case.

Maybe thats just me and maybe I am just a perfectionist, so sue me! :D

I really do like the way this case is turning out. Is there a reason you didn't have the door to the fridge open the other way? seems like it would be a bit easier to get at if you were at a lan party.

14. jegerjon

Thank you guys!
    bx @ I'm going to work on that, and some other details on the front tomorrow.
    Soulmage @ I'll order those screws tomorrow, so your eyes wont hurt anymore :D. Yea, I wanted the tubing to go on the front, and if the fridge was opening the other way wouldn't be able to put down my hand in it. :D That's why :)

Also I'm going to repaint the fridge, because that the door's brushes need to go the other way, to be parallel with the top. But I'll take care of that later.

15. jegerjon

I've been working a little on the front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think? Best with or without the plexi?

16. hellas91

hellas91 What's a Dremel?

Uhm.. I think without plexi looks better!

17. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

tbh, i think it looks best W/O the plexi. The plate would just steal attention from the logo in the bottom!

18. jegerjon

well, a guy on a danish forum made me this: [​IMG] Or would it still be better with no plexi?

19. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

I really like it better with the plexi. But I agree that it takes away from the awesome grill below. You might be able to compensate for that by lighting the grill much brighter than the small plate. Or no light at all on the plate, depending on your plans.

20. jegerjon

There'll be no light on the little plate, but you're right! If i put a lot light into that grill I think we'll have something wich good! AND if it just not work with the little piece of plexi, it's no problem to remove it again ;)

Tags: