1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Resident Evil Apocalypse Mod? Lack Of Funds...Set Back

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lasoaaro, 19 Aug 2004.

?

What Switch Should I Use?

Poll closed 10 Sep 2004.
  1. Key Switch Or...

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Keypad Switch

52 vote(s)
    82.5%
  1. lasoaaro

lasoaaro What's a Dremel?

Well I've Started Painting The Case, I Finished Painting the Drive Bezels, They Look Hot;) lol, I Found Out It Was My Cradle That Was Fubared...well not beyond any recognition but u kno, lol, on a funnier note, I cut my finger open cutting clear aquarium airline tubing to put around the case window, knife slipped and sliced my finger open. if not to the bone then rather close to it... anyway, so soon as i get a new cradle there'll be tons of pics...

Untill Then....Later

2. lasoaaro

Well, I've been away for the Weekend, and no one posted in my Thread.. :waah: ..Nice to know you guys are interested...Pics Are On The Way!!!... But I'm still looking for Ideas...So help me out, I'm also starting a lil thing where if yuo suggest an amazing idea and i use it, you'll be entered to win a prize...Havetn't guite decided what it'll be yet but i'll keep yah posted, so Send those ideas to me!!

3. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Well, interms of Ideas, I would think you might wana go with a polished steal look for the case, maybe put the T-virus infront, I knwo before that you didnt wana do water cooling but i think it woulod be an awsome idea to be pumping what would look like the T-virus through a CPU water block! you could also make some of the components on the mobo be UV red, as to make it look likes infected.
    I wouldn't over use the umbrella logo or biohazard logo too much, maybe on the right side pannel you could paint the umbrella logo with the company name, and back light it with some UV and light the glass with red LED's, possibly put some uv tubing in the back to make it look alittle more like a biochemical lab.
    You also shouldn't make the case a major rust bucket, but it would be cool to make some blood spots on the case, maybe the left window could have a biotechlogo or something.
    If it was possible, get a small LCD screen and program it to have the red queen on it :idea: hard to do, but a worthwhile idea
    by the way, if you wana know where the water cooling tubes came from, they where from my favorit modding site frozencpu.com :thumb:

if you want someone to bounce ideas off of, just tell me! :dremel:

4. spike12291986

spike12291986 What's a Dremel?

this sounfs like it will be a nice mod when its done....now for some idea's. I think that for the T-virus tubes glass would look the best and now about EL wire inside the tube,water cooling would be nice but its alot more work to do and you could just add it latter on+ its would alot more money....i think the umbrella corp logo on one side would look grate,and i mean a big one like the wole side(thats what im going to do on my re2 comp mod) good luck on the moding and hope to see some pic's soon

5. lasoaaro

Yeh Watercooling is a given...as for the Umbrella Corp Logo on the side..if you read back a page or 2 i had an idea of doing an Applique on the side of the window...I could paint the Umbrella Corp Logo on the Other Side of the case...hmm Ideas Ideas...Keep Em Comin'!

6. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

In terms of your key pad, i was looking at something like this
    [​IMG]
    what do you think?

7. lasoaaro

Nice, nice..but only problem..don't they connect to Remote Hosts to resolve the keycode entered? if it can verify the code within its self, i'd prolly use it..where'd u find that and how much..?

Thanks...

8. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

9. lasoaaro

can you post the link where u got it or tell me where to look cuz i can't seem to find where it is.. thanks

10. koola

koola Minimodder

11. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

you said you'd recieved the plans for a tazer that you were gonna use in your mod, wouldn't it be just wee tad safer (and probly easier) if you used one of those electro static things with the electricity arcing about in it, I'm sure I've seen cylindrical ones before but I can't think where, jsut to save you stunning yerself like...

12. lasoaaro

Well with the taser, it gives me some hands on experience with electronics, i get ti DIM (do it myself) and the entire area's going to be sealed with rubber and epoxy so no contact with metal will occur, saving me from stunning myself...

13. bbigboy101011

bbigboy101011 What's a Dremel?

thread finder

dude, got any work done??????
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

14. lasoaaro

Note The Title Of The Thread, Lack Of Funds...So Not Really...Workin' On Painting It Again Tho...Post More Later..

15. Draxin

Draxin Seeker of Photons

i like the idea you posted many pages back about the proxy card. i been wanting to do that on my case as well. but i hate to be a kill joy but the proxy card readers cost an arm and a leg. I have 2 HID proxy readers sitting around somewhere. i dont know if i can find them but ill see what i can do. if i can i might be able to be convinced to send one.

16. lasoaaro

Sweeeeet! Haha...That's awesome...aswell I know they're pricey, I've priced them...But yeh see what you can do, and if you want, I'll throw some cash in! lol

Thanks!

17. lasoaaro

Well, It's been a while and no one's posted...It's my b-day next week so I'll have some cash So the modding can begin! Lol, yay!...anyway, My Palm Pilot's cradle is still f***ed so not much I can do for Pictures...Well, we have a memory card reader at school so I can put them on the mem. card I got and then load them onto the computer and email them to myself...Anywhoozle, I'll post more later

~!AaRoN!~ (ò.ô) ¿?¡!

18. spike12291986

spike12291986 What's a Dremel?

hmm Idea time

I think you should set up a web site with a paypall link on it so ppl can give 1.00$ to help you out, and I know alot of ppl will do it to....good luck with the case modding

19. lasoaaro

you actually think ppl would give me a dollar..? hmm..well then, i guess I could try...Who wants to help me set up this site as I am new to Paypal, but I have an account...so who would like to help me set it up..?

20. cfuk

cfuk What's a Dremel?

i could help you set up a website, LMK if you need my help :)

and good luck with your project i love resident evil :D