1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Soylent Green: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 19 Oct 2004.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

beers good :D

and yeah i want to know if youve got a chopper aswell modsquad

i like my bikes alot... but would prefer a streetfighter/supermoto in this country as the roads are crap!

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

A bike yes, chopper-no. It's a (all-but-stock) 6 year old HD Heritage Softail. A nice bike, but nothing special:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those custom choppers are out of my price range. Indian Larry want's more for a rolling-chassis than I paid for my whole bike. I would love to have one, BUT....

Back to computer-lighting: GREEN/BLUE::it does-work..

Last edited: 19 Nov 2006
  3. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

if i lived in the states id offer to make you one :p

if i had the time and money to setup a company i would, but the problem with that is i dont have the time or money!

chopper building can go from relatively low cost, to extrodinarily high cost, if you go the pre-bought route (as in buy it from someone like IL) then its going to cost a bomb, if you make it yourself it can be either quite cheap or quite expensive, but still nowhere near as pricy as a pre-brought chassis etc.

reminds me of early HD police bikes :D v. nice

i agree

4. customh

customh conflagration.

Friggin sweet, I just didn't imagine modsquad a biker for some reason. You are my official idol now.

5. Solaris

Solaris What's a Dremel?

Yea, we all have a Harley-Davidson. :hehe:

+1 on that :D

6. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

personally i think there's too much blue in the case...perhaps if you used mainly green cathodes for the in-case lighting and then maybe a blue LED fan in the PSU or rear exhaust, either way only a very small amount of your second colour to offset the main colour.
    my 2 cents anyway, case still looks very good

7. modsquad

I attempted to look-past your comments on my work (pages ago) and be civil and answer your question. More because it was asked by zr_ox and seconded by-you..
    U and I are just fire and water...
    I can't help myself: It takes more than time and money, it takes talent--ideas--skill and innovation to build bikes OR custom-computers..
    I have not seen any of the above from you, only TALK..... You are truly "full of yourself"...Frodo: The only person U are fooling is Frodo:

How about a "build-off" between you and me..?

You set the time frame and price-point.. winner take-all.......

Last edited: 24 Nov 2006
  8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I feel some deep and (no longer?) supressed anger and aggression in the thread...

But I love the idea of a build-off. :D

And the winner takes it all? The winner, judged by us (the BT readers)? What a great idea. Talk to BT staff to get this contest on the front page. :)

9. n00btard

n00btard Go away

Modsquad! Seeing as pictures really do not do this project much justice, I was wondering what the green bolts and stuff inside the PC look like under blue light?

if the LEDs were white, then would it maybe accentuate the green & black theme inside the case, or would it just wash out the green with irritatingly bright light?

10. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

A build off would be great fun. It would be just like on the Discovery channel. You guys could bring your cases to some elite event and we could all vote on them. Personally, I'd like it just to see another Modsquad mod but whatever works.

On another note. After seeing all of these mods done by you, I really want to mod one of these stock Lian Li cases. Its really cool, since all of the structure is done, you get to focus on all the exquisite details which is one of my favorite parts. Great mod.

11. customh

customh conflagration.

This said build-off could get interesting. But we should stay On topic...
    Keep er up MS, still looking forward to FIN!!

12. modsquad

You are 100% correct CH. I regret my last post, the guy just rubs me the wrong way.. This is a project log, not a place for personal squabbles. So, I apologize to all of you and to frodo..
    Bit-tech could do "build offs" they pick a pair of modders of equal skill level and we vote for the winner who would get a trophy. That would be cool..
    My next opportunity to work on this machine will be next weekend. An (8) hour session with lighting first and foremost should be very close to FIN after that.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2006
  13. customh

customh conflagration.

Lookin forward to it!!

14. modsquad

Thanks, just updated BR..Go take a "look-see" let me know what U think..

15. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I love BR, and I love also this! Eagerly waiting for FIN!

Oh and BTW nice bike :thumb:

16. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

I'd be all for a build-off between you and frodo, should be interesting to see :hehe:

I think blue and green is a bit strange combination, but it does work amazingly well together.

Looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

Janne

17. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I'll take you on next summer : )

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

lol when I see you say BR, I think Battle Royal (umm very interesting japanese movie to say the least ^^) but ya both are great project and I dont want to steer in the offtopic side of things but a computer build off just in general is a neat idea regardless of who is involved and if it could be filmed would be amazing.

Again I love the work and I love the colors. ^^

19. modsquad

sounds good to me, I am up for it.. Bring it on young man !!

@all reading this thread: Head-to-Head "build-offs" between two evenly matched modders would be great fun..The problem (I would think) would be $.. If bit-tech would step in and "pony-up".. It could (would)work...
    Start sending them emails, lots of emails.. :naughty:
    First on my list would be:
    G-gnome vs Dark Blade....

Last edited: 25 Nov 2006
  20. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

ALright good to know. I think we should try to keep it under $300 not includeing the case or hardware. I mean $300 is a rough number but I'd like to see what we can do with materials and not a combination of prebought stuff. Although I do love me some fass-o-matics.