1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP - a month later

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 12 May 2005.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

[​IMG]

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/05/12/sony_psp_review/1.html

2. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

Your tempting me, but I just bought a car!

Looks rather uber.

'doc

3. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

I'm selling my psp on ebay atm(ahem pm me if anyone wants)

They are real good, i get stuff to review, well I dont"someone else does reviews", but compaines sponsor me.

They are real great little things.

Also dealing with them day to day, you tend to keep up with psp news like anything

' S

Last edited: 12 May 2005
  4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I agree with most of that article. The unit certainly hasn't lost any of it's gadgety appeal after the first few honeymoon weeks, unlike other expensive toys.

I personally am not looking forward to the UK release. Having to listen to everyone around me bleating on about how great it is after I've been using one for months is really going to get on my nerves.

The things that have changed for me since I have bought my PSP -
    * I now realise that it is not for use outdoors during the day.
    * dust under the screen. Probably got in there through the buttons. It's only visible in direct sunlight so no big deal but I might have to void my warranty + get probing with the dyson.
    * Hot shots golf and the PSP are the most perfect combination of any two things. Ever.
    * My boss thinks I have developed a serious problem with my digestive system due to the amount of time that I have been spending in the loos recently.
    * My xbox and PS2 have forgotten that I exist, and are looking for a new home.

5. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

meh, i wouldn't pay for one. but i'd prolly play one if someone gave one to me. i've nevered owned a gameboy as i'd get too into a game always get in trouble when i'd borrow my sister's.

6. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Yeah I've played on my buddy's and it was quite fun, but I don't think I'd do much with it after awhile.

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I have a pocketpc, that was my expensive tech gadget. ;) Unfortunately, it rules out the ability to have things that are better at more specialized tasks, like a PSP and an iPod. By the time I lug all that stuff, it's no longer portable anymore, and I'm better off sitting on my couch with a full ps2, pc, and HTPC around me.

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Have too agree PsP does rock and it has too be the sexiest handheld released, the screen quality and graphics are amazing for such a litle thing and ripping movies too Mpeg 4 and slapping em on the psp rocks :).

I need too find someone with one so i can try wipeout multiplayer

morgan.

9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

It looks awesome but the reliability is apparently pretty poor. There was an article on gamespot claiming that 40% of them had to be returned.

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

A PSP without Wipeout Pure?? I didn't know such a thing could exist :eeek:

I love mine to bits, it has dead pixels, but I never notice them in game so don't see what all the fuss is about. I play Wipeout just about every night before going to sleep, makes my dreams a bit odd though :blah:

11. Blue Raven

Blue Raven What's a Dremel?

The hacker community for the psp is great too. within a few days of it's release, a web browser hack had been figured out for it and it works great :) I finally got the web browser set up on mine and it is a great. I'm surprised that it has that ability but but sony didn't include the web browser straight away, maybe they are hopping to get people to buy it.

12. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Har my PSP is perfect! No dead pixels or dust :thumb:

13. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Well done mate.

14. Gizmo1990

Gizmo1990 What's a Dremel?

The piece was an interesting read but left me a little cold. The psp is a nice piece of kit but essientially likening it to the second coming is imo wide of the mark.

Also refering to the Nintendo handhelds as toys as if to distance the psp from this is faintly ridiculous. The psp IS a toy. Its overwhelming main function is a portable gaming machine.

15. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

The psp is very different from the ds though. when comparing the two it seems the ds is made for kids as the psp is an adult version of it. I believe that's what he meant in the article anyway. just my two bits. i can't wait to get a psp but with building my new uber computer cash flow has been tight.

16. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

yeh the psp is everything the 'gameboy' never had the balls to be

one day ill get a psp... better start saving... ill probably only get one if it can do EVERYTHING...

i mean browse web properly through wireless
    go on msn messenger
    get email
    play mp3s

and of course, hax0r3d games...

then id definately buy one

17. kayone

kayone Minimodder

Being a PSP owner myself! I can't do anything but praise the thing. Amazing tech, looks and feels great, and things can only get better for the PSP with future updates/hacks

18. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

i think the ds was a bit unfairly knocked in the review without a proper testing.... apart from that i'm impressed with the psp, although my class mate said he wanted a ds as well and didn't like the loading times.

the joy stick is a very nice design but i think it's a bit slippery after playing for a while to.

also ds can play movies and music: http://www.movieadvance.com/ (these are around £13 on ebay)

Tags: Add Tags