1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress PYRO project - notebook xtreme mod - almost finished sep/08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Yemerich, 31 Aug 2008.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

That looks awesome mate. Good to see it up and running.

2. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Thanks friendo! :D

The problem is: As i choose not to use an optical drive to save space, each time i have to change the OS, i have to unmount the entire setup. So i guess i will stay with win me for now.

3. Snafu-X-

Snafu-X- What's a Dremel?

Why not run an ide extender cable to the outside of the case somewhere? So when you need an optical, you just plug it into the back of the case. You could do the same for power as well.

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

have you thought about a USB optical drive? They're not that expensive these days, especially CD-ROM only drives...

5. Yemerich

Thanks for the feedback. I just love whenn ppl come with solutions! Really!

I gave some thought about the USB solution. But it won't help me too. Why? because the real problem with it is that i need the OS to be loaded in order to use the USB port, so it's easier to just use a pen drive. The problem of not having a optical drive is to INSTALL the OS. If its already installed, no point of using it. But thanks for the idea.

About the extender it would be the best solution IF i can find it. As it is a notebook it doesn't come with any cables, and i will have to look arround to find one. But i really doubt I will find any here where I live :/

6. dr4ygon

dr4ygon Every.Villian.Is.Lemons

wow really impressed by this project, very intuitive

7. Yemerich

I hope you are impressed in a good way :D

Thanks anyway ;)

8. Yemerich

UPDATE 08/sep

Time for a new update :D

The mouse was mounted in the best "game boy" style. As i said before, it houses the USB expansion. Besides that it blinks with HDD activity. Gotta love acrylic.
    [​IMG]

This is the power conector. I coul mount it in the back, but i just love its look.
    [​IMG]

This is the edifier subwoofer. It is a complete crap. Crap pieces inside and a crap quality. But it will do for now. It also houses the PSU font that was inside the notebook (this model of notebook have the PSU built-in).
    [​IMG]

This is a night shot of the kid before the 6.th casemod meeting here in São Paulo. Iknow it's not a good quality shot.
    [​IMG]

Another one:
    [​IMG]

A "day shot":
    [​IMG]

After the casemod meeting, the crap subwoofer proved its "crappiness". After being used for 3 or 4 hours it burned. And ita was not even on the max volume.

No problem. I was looking forward to change it anyway :D

It still need some things to be done, so its not really finished but it's almost there.

Tags: