1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Mamba 2015 Tournament Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 16 Jun 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

I embarked on a self discovery mission to upgrade from my Zowie EC2 evo recently. I bought 4 mice including the Razer Deathadder 2013. When I searched online at Razer for my mouse drivers, I was forced to install the Synapse software. Unless I was completely blind I couldn't find anything normal and regular to download in terms of drivers. To use Synapse I had to create an account ...

The Deathadder 2013 is an average mouse compared to my Zowie, but the biggest failure was having to install the horrible Synapse bundle and create an account, and then work out how to go offline with the Synapse software.

I dont understand what Razer are hoping to achieve by making customers jump through 100% unneccesary hoops. Hated the whole experience, wont go back to a Razer mouse/keyboard/whatever hardware if they insist on Synapse instead of regular drivers.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

You dont have to use Synapse. i dont for my Blackwidow KB or my imperator mouse.

4. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

When I tried to download drivers for your Imperator mouse, the Razer site fed me Synapse again.

Therefore if you are not using official drivers you myst be using the OS generic mouse drivers? And therefore your USB port will be polling at a poor rate?

Vista and Win 7 poll at a default low rate of 125Hz. I think most official drivers would bump that much higher, and up to 1,000Hz. I'm unclear on that figure, but this shows that there is reasons for needing official drivers.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Never under-estimate the value of your personal data, even if Razer were giving away their products I personally still wouldn't use them because of the cloud nonsense, then again I'm a very cautious guy when it comes to privacy, I guess others are more comfortable with the whole signing of a contract that can be changed at any time thing.

Don't you lose a lot of the features if you don't use their software?

6. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

I had a razer once.

Only worked on one mouse sensitivity setting. All the others and the mouse cursor degraded to the bottom left of the screen.

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

How else are they going to persuade people to stump-up the extra £55 for the regular Mamba?

Tags: Add Tags