1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend me a mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ph4ZeD, 28 May 2011.

1. knarF

knarF Noob

I have a Logitech MX518 and i love it. It's cheap (~£25), got 8 programmable buttons, feels nice and comfortable and seems pretty quick to response. It also comes with some cool software for changing the settings.

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

My CM Storm Sentinel has been pretty good to me, it's pretty sturdy which is a testiment to how my kids treat it sometimes.

3. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

+ 1 to this. The x8 is a fine mouse and i got it from amazon for a bargain price.

4. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

The best option here in my view is a wireless mouse that uses rechargeable AA batteries - you can then have a spare battery kept topped up on an external recharger and swap them over within a few seconds (best to leave the battery cover off the mouse permanently if doing this, since most aren't designed for frequent removal). A charging cable does allow you to "use and charge" but it takes as long to plug the cable in as to do a battery change, and you then have to get used to the "feel" of the cable.
    The G50 also offers on-the-fly DPI switching for those who find it important (I don't personally but the buttons can be re-assigned). Scroll wheel adjustment is more useful (G50 uses a button on top for it, MX Revolution can switch modes on the fly or via scroll-wheel-press).
    Apply some teflon tape to your mouse feet - that will reduce wear and friction, though a mouse mat with a bumpy surface (reducing the contact area with the mouse) will still help further.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Using a razer diamondback 3g, getting on a bit, coating starting to come off etc.
    But still a fantastic mouse to use, started using the side buttons, and find them comfortable etc.
    Wired, which can be a little annoying at times merely because my computer is miles away due to the arrangement of the room.
    If I were buying a new one, razer would certainly be the first place I'd look