1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Recommended a dual monitor stand

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 23 Oct 2020.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I recently purchased a couple of 24" monitors from facebook to replace my sons 24" tv and 17" dell dual screen setup he was running.

He wants some desk space back so I recommended he gets a dual screen stand.

I want one that clamps to the desk really and I have looked at the bottom end of the range and I'm a bit wary of some of the negative comments like build quality etc.

So I need some advice as to what to buy but not in the high end bracket (pun intended lol).

Cheap ones are around £18 and I've seen a couple around the £25 mark, would the extra £7 improve the stand enough or do I really need to be looking a little dearer.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

For 24" screens I wouldn't worry so much. I'd only be concerned if it was 27" or so as they get heavy! Are you going for fixed horizontal arms or the movable spring assisted ones? If its the former, even the cheaper ones should be fine.

3. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I've got an Arctic Z2 that's holding a 27" and 24" solid as a rock, no issues with build quality at all.

The basic (without usb hub) is £35 from scan so I wouldn't spend any more than that.

4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

THIS

Not the strongest for heavy monitors but if the 24" monitors dont weigh a tonne they are fine.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I don't really want to go over £30.

As for adjustable I really don't know, he's autistic so them being perfectly in line is important so probably.