1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: Nvidia Fermi for laptops available July

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 5 May 2010.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The sad thing is, a lot of people who buy laptops really know nothing about what is inside them. They will just see the Optimus Fermi bollocks on the advert/packaging and think they are getting something amazing. It won't be until after 30 minutes of browsing the internet, when the battery dies, that they will realise their mistake.

2. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Next GPU nVidia introduces better be the Prime platform!

3. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I'll wait to see the real world benchmarks etc before passing judgement on it.

4. Dymond

Dymond What's a Dremel?

I second that. I waited ages for the 480 to be released. I even put off upgrading one of my Machines despite the constant delays. For what... I found I couldnt run 2 without watercooling anyway and if I did I would actually need to buy a powerstation to do it anyway. 490 Watts peak... Are they on drugs these days.

So right now I sticking with the old trusty 295 until the revise the design or I cave in and get a couple of 5970 or maybe 3 x 5870s even. At least I will be able to run them without wearing gloves while I am playing to avoid the liquid Nitrogen I need to keep 2 480s occupying the same box cool enough not to malfunction. The told me the 285s would run soundly up to 100 Degrees when I had those and complained about them. 3 weeks late, I had my money back when the memory suffered heat damage. (Incidentally I managed to keep them at around 85 Degrees normally)

Funnily enough i dont trust them anymore, the though of having something like this in my laptop to embarass me in front of clients etc if it fails? Not bloody likely.

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Tags: Add Tags