1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Russian government recalls Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Nov 2009.

1. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

"One has had it with these motherf***ing terrorists in One's mother f***ing palace!"

pimonserry likes this.
  2. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

@cyrilthefish the boss battle against Gordon Brown would be epic.

3. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

I understand your joking, but c'mon Canada and Wales?

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I wonder how the russians feel about Red Dawn then.

5. rationalvoices

rationalvoices What's a Dremel?

The level in question is about an american undercover operative who 'embeds' himself with terrorists, then walks along (or joins in, your choice as the player) with a suited mob of half a dozen 'terrorists' (think Die Hard) while they mow down everything that moves in an airport...the whole airport...this goes on for 5-10 minutes, depending on how you handle the SWAT teams that show up.
    Ummmm...seems to me to be a fairly realistic implication of the dangers of a 'war on terror'...I mean, at the end of the day, this is about an American who goes through a Russian airport killing Russians...so isn't it an indictment of America? By realistic, I mean, to fight 'terror' you have to do 'unsavory' things, unsavory may mean...supporting...terror....

Who would've thought the big bad toughy scruffy Russians would be so sensitive? Make a game about the Liberation of Chechnya from Russian control, then the liberation of Georgia...if you're gonna piss 'em off, do it for real.

6. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

I object to that level, not because of the graphic content; but becuase it is slow, boring and could easierly be covered with a cut scene. Hopefully playable cut scene's is not going to become the norm. The russian government realise this and are trying to save it's citizens the pain of going through that level.

Seriously, I still do not know why they are recalling it? the Xbox & PS3 versions can be patched just like the PC version. In fact patches can be forced upon the "network connected" console users without any hassles or grief.

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

скооооорая помощь ?

It's similar to the furore over one of the tunes in LBP.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

maybe touches a little too close to home.. like the above poster pointed out- the georgia incident didn't happen too long ago

it's the banning that makes you wonder, the man at work.. I would hope some people would complain if this offended anyone in russia besides the government.. sounds like activision are trying to push peoples buttons again- that's assuming peeps outside the government even cared

9. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

I wonder how brits would react to a popular game where there is a level involving you being a angry muslim youth with a bomb on a bus. And perhaps 3 other digital comrades on other buses.

But it's relevent to the story!

Lets face it, the Russians are sick of constantly being portrayed as the baddies and demonised. Can't blame em for the move.

10. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

I agree with Bodkin and Joeymac, I can see where they're coming from.

Activision could have just mentioned an 'eastern country' like Makeuposlavia, like the gaming world has done soooooooo many times before.
    The idea of an American dealing death with Russian terrorists, in a Russian airport is just stupid.
    As stated aboven if it was the other way round, USA would be on fire by now....
    They should have thought of this, probably did, and decided their judgement was better than asking the Russian embassy, or someone else who could reply for them.....

11. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

South Park already did that :p
    [​IMG]

12. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

And dolphins too.

13. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

14. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

Ageed.

I personally don't think I have ever witnessed a more boring game level in my whole entire gaming life.

They should have simply made it a short cut scene or skipped it completely. I believe it was put in the game to provoke reactions and push boundaries.

However, the actual 'gameplay' itself is extremely boring and unchallenging to the level of being totally pointless.

I would have gotten more of a challenge if the level was called 'No Queen' and one ninja stealth bi***h with wrinkly sagging knockers tried to wrap me into the clutches of the knockers from random glory holes in the airport walls.

15. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Steady on there, you'll be giving IW ideas!

16. Nicholas

Nicholas What's a Dremel?

This reminds me of a story a couple years ago or so'ish.

I think it was in the middle east, the government released it's own first person shooter BUT they made the Americans the "baddies." I think I seen it on Tech TV. (before it was G4)

Anyways, the level is stupid and pointless... but that is the scene that brings together the ENTIRE GAME. By the way, the "AMERICAN" gets shot in the face before he gets a chance to leave the airport so what the hell is the deal?

Without that scene, there was no reason for Russia to attack the US right?

It totally blew me away when I played it at 1 in the morning after I waited in line for 4 hours for the midnight release at GameStop. And hey, I have no objections to the game really!

If the US was the bad guy, Infinity Ward would get burned down, someone has to be a bad guy. It could have been Canada... but no one wants a game where people are saying "Ehh" all the time. Could have been the UK but no one wants a game with characters having bad teeth!

Ok I'm bored

Nice thread - good going Russia on controlling peoples lives, it's just a game. Someone should send Vin Diesel after you (Tripple X movie) LOL

17. Nicholas

PS - they are being "RECALLED" So what, the citizens already have it? Like EVERYONE who has it is really going to just bring it back and wait for Infinity Ward to release a different version to them? I wonder how long that will take!!!

* I call 2 years when a new game is released again!

18. Nicholas

AHHH another note... why be offended by a shooting in an airport Russia?!

The White House gets burned down, you bomb America and try and take control of it in the game!

Or did I not get enough sleep and I don't remember right? Or is that the good part you like? Anyways, I'm off to class. Will read this when I get home. ... STUPID finals suck...

19. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

I've always aspired to do a triple whammy on Bit-Tech. Your living the dream Nicholas!

gnutonian likes this.
  20. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

Tags: Add Tags