1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News SCEA trying to clear 60GB PS3s

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

it's nice to see that after the yanks got the uber 80GB version, they are also getting the POS 40GB version too that we europeans now have to put up with.

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the thing that strikes me in the head is when Sony says that BC is not important when, at the time of its launch, they were boasting this as one of the major selling points.

IMHO i don't really care about BC, for BC i can buy a cheapo ps2 that works a ton better.

4. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

I keep putting of buying a PS3, already seen the 60gb version at the £300 mark now. I only know one person who bought one on release. A £125 in what has it been? 6 months!

Wait another 6 months will it drop to £200?

The only thing I think is daft is releasing a lower spec model with smaller HD. Surely it would have been smarter to release a model with a bigger drive and drop the price on the 60GB. Is'nt Sony's big selling point its virtual network thing and getting download etc... The small HD is the problem with the 360 but 3 years ago 20gb probably looked sufficient esp as they were'nt planning on downloading movies on day 1.

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I thought they shippped them with HDD's to avoid the stupid situation with the 360 whereby some owners have no HDD, you can use your own HDD anyway, and get afew hundred GB for like 40 pounds? :worried:

6. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

Yep forgot about the core with no hdd. I can't remember what the marketing was for the core model and what xbox live was marketed like on launch.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Im looking at the 40GB model with the intention of switching it for a 300GB - 500GB hard drive. Still far cheaper way to go than the MS rip off 120GB drive.

8. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

the faster sony games division dies because of idiocy the better

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

looks good, stupid un googled question but they using lappy drives in the PS3 cause there not that cheap compared to 3.5s.

Might be worth a PS3 now there dropping in price :)

10. Havok154

Havok154 What's a Dremel?

I would like to get a PS3 one day, and I would like a 60GB one since BC is important to me, but I have no reason to justify spending $500 on it and I think that's the reason no one else here are buying these units. I really don't see the 40GB model making any change in sales. If they would just bring the 60GB down to $400, then it would but putting out a lower end, dumbed down system doesn't make sense to me. Americans will usually want to better product, even if only marginally better, but they don't want to spend the extra money for it. They either need killer games now or they need to drop the overall price of the systems instead of coming out with a new model every month.

11. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Pointless, Sony have never made any sense in their sales.

If they had anyone with even a shred of common sense, the sales wouldnt be doing so bad but greed totally took them over. Lower the price so its value and make your money back as millions buy the console lowering the cost of production. Sheer stupidity, i believe sony make revenue from the games licensed on the console right since the console is sold at a loss? jesus use some goddam sense sony, lower the price and do yourself a favour instead of shooting yourself in the foot, its what id like to tell those sony money greedy assh0les

Tags: Add Tags