1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Steve Jobs takes medical leave from Apple

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The only good thing I have to say about Jobs is that he can market **** (Not in the hardware sense, mind you) to people incredibly well. Beyond that, eh. I have nothing but indifference for this whole thing.

They fired him once and ran fine without him then - Why is it such a big deal that he's taking a few months off now?

It's not like we didn't know he was ill :/

3. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

watch apple stock plummet

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

definatly time to short sell on apple stock! lol!

5. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

time to jump to conclusions!
    if his pancreas has suddenly died on him, then he's going to need insulin and if he's not getting any, then his muscles will wither away, causing a quick weight loss (commonly seen in people just after getting type 1 diabetes)
    HE HAS THE DIABEETUS!

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I think you should respect the guy a bit more than that, and not act like a dick.

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

^^ agree. the man's not well, i dont even agree with posting news on him being sick

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

here that someone is ill is one thing, if anything it can spawn sympathy towards poor steve.

Cancer isn't a nice thing, and when you think you have got it beat, there's nothing worse than being told or realising your ill again.

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

I can tell you first hand that cancer is the one illness that haunts me and that I'd never wish anyone - friend or foe - to have to go through. I witnessed it first hand for the last two years with my late wife - it's quite simply the most evil and unforgiving disease I ever hope to have to see in action. We called it the b*stard, because that's probably the best way to describe it without getting too graphic or offensive.

I hope Steve comes through whatever it is that's wrong with him this time. It could be that he's no longer in remission or it could be something else entirely - we don't know and I'm certainly not going to sit here and speculate.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It might be diabetes or a thyroid problem or something completely else.
    Having lost my father to cancer and seeing my just on rehab after the 3rd brain tumor in less than 5 years taken out I think everybody who has to go through that **** deserves a boat load of sympathy. If you then get something else afterwards like good ol' Steve did he/she deserves some silent time without pressure from anyone to fully recover.

Let that man get better! Apple can live without him but he's Apple's face, been that for quite some time as well so it'll hit them pretty hard if he leaves. Let's see what happens next. As long as we don't know anything let's just leave it be.

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

stock dropped 7%, so yeah some hedge fund just made a crazy amount of cash!

12. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

I dont like Apple but this news story has nothing to do with Apple its to do with a man and his health, which he has a right to keep private. tbh should leave this story to the tabloids thats all this stories good for.

For those who wish him ill health or try and slag him off personally your idiots you should go end your life now for the benefit of human kind.

By the way short selling hardly affects stocks, its just what people like to believe. Fact of the matter is it didnt affect the banks at all and they still kept on crashing after it was banned from the FTSE like when HBOS went down everyone said it was short selling but a year earlier it was running at 5% of transactions and when it did go down it was running at 7%.

13. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Hope he recovers... It's never good to wish harm to people... I don't like macs, but this guy is a genius... he can sell iDirt for 500€ a box if we wanted... I'll guess mac fans are going to become normal people now and stop being zombies...

14. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I never liked him much. But we must agree the guy is a genius. And as such it really makes me sad to read such news. I really hope he get well and have a tranquil and peacefull 3rd age.

15. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Apple was failing miserably before Jobs returned and breathed life into it. Despite the fact that I'm not a fan of how they run themselves and go about certain things, they've certainly churned out some half decent products recently and it'll be interesting to see how well they'll cope without their skipper. Personally, I think they've got the right attitude within the company to carry on making products in the same philosophy as before- it's just a matter or whether they can carry on at the same rate without Jobs' infamous iron fist.

16. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Overpriced products have finally caught up to him....damn that karma.

17. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I may not agree with his (or the company's depending on your point of view) products on a technical standpoint, but I must give the man respect for the marketing genius he has.

if apple is a story of anything, it isn't so much a story of computer innovation but the power of properly used marketing tools.

we all owe this man something whether we like it or not, because the affordable apple pcs gave rise to the homebuilt pc's we use today, I for one wish him well.

and to those of you acting like Asses, have some decency and courtesy.

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Seriously, Joe? You're glad that someone else is suffering from bad medical issues? Uncool.

19. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

Well, it was obvious, the guy has so much negative karma...

But seriously, I wish him well. I would love to see him failing on the market, but not due to health issues.

20. quack

quack Minimodder

Some people think he may not even return to Apple after his absence. Link.

Tags: Add Tags