1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. n8dude

n8dude What's a Dremel?

I once was trying to remove a directory in one of my logical volumes so i started to type
    sudo rm -rf /
    ....and hit enter to early :(

2. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

The other half had the laptop open in bed last night, finished what she was doing, shut the laptop down, and proceeded to shut the lid on on of her boobies.

She wasn't best pleased.

3. Molajoku

Molajoku What's a Dremel?

When I was a kid I was making something out of a cardboard box. Cutting a hole with a knife in my right hand and holding the box in my left. I pulled the knife out too far and plunged it straight through my hand. After going to the hospital to have it looked at and stitched up, as soon as got home I went back to my box and did exactly the same thing to my other hand :/

Also when I was a kid I threw a stone as high as I could in the air meaning for it to come back down in front of me. It went higher and further over than I meant it too and all I hear was I very large 'CRACK' and "WHO THE F*** threw that!". At that exact moment a man ran past me so I pointed at him and the big guy went running after him like a bull :?

Some builders installing bollards:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Dec 2008
  4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

What's wrong with that picture?

p.s. Don't double post please! :p

5. Molajoku

Molajoku What's a Dremel?

They put the bollards up but have trapped themselves inside.

6. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

look where the van is

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

When i was about 10 or so me and a mate was burning stoff, like kids at that age do.

We decided to write our names with gasoline on the pavement. All this went just fine until I thought the flames was to small, and started pouring on some more gasoline while the test was still burning... :eeek:

Needless to say, the can of gasoline caught fire in my hand. the fireball hit me in the face. Wearing glasses probably saved my eyes that day. :geek:

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Ow. I bet that left a mark in your undies.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :hehe:

I'd have loved to have been there when they decided to go home once the job was finished...

10. Kris.

Kris. What's a Dremel?

I have done many stupid things,
    worst thing was when i asked a woman if she was pregnant.

11. gar

gar Minimodder

[​IMG]

Yep

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

the idea is funny but the picture itself could be fake in so many ways. For starters the quality is so awful that it's hard to tell if the van was photoshoped or not

13. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

yeah, but that's just as bad. the whole point of bollards is to stop a vehicle from driving through.

14. gar

gar Minimodder

Really. Looks like it's an original to me what with the shadows, the rain around the van, and positioning of the buckets. Although it is hard to beleive they'd do that especialy if you can fit a van through!lol

15. gar

gar Minimodder

Actually the bottom right bollard, looks like it's not got a concrete founadtion hole around it. Perhaps that wasn't in the original pic?

16. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

It's slightly shorter, doesn't line up with the left bollard, and seems to be slightly angled (Rotated CW).

This is either a very sloppy job, or a fake picture. I would guess the on latter.

17. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I once mistook peroxide for contact lens fluid. I washed my contact lens in the peroxide then put it in my eye. Understandably having peroxide in my eye was quite uncomfotable. I dived for the sink so fast that I nearly concussed myself of the faucet.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2008
  18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I have contact cleaner that I just put my contacts in and over night it bubbles and cleans them. But you have to leave them in there for atleast 4 hours or so. I one day after school took out my contacts, put them in that stuff. half hour later put them back in. That burns for quite a while.

I bought a container of acrylic weld on glue. When you first open it you have to pry open the metal tab. I couldnt get it open. I used a knife to poke the side. The metal tab flew up and hit me in the eye and I got the solvent glue stuff all over my face and in my eyes. Burned for hours.

19. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Ow, solvent in the face sounds painful.

I'm sure there are going to be more contact lens stories coming. Anyone who wears contacts has done something retarded with them at some point in their lives. I was once putting my contact lenses in, I put the left one in. Then I got confused, I thought I was supposed to be taking them out, so I tried to take my right contact lens out. I hadn't even put it in yet so I just spent about 45seconds poking myself in the eye before I realised I was being an idiot and it was still in the container.

20. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I took out a whole HP Cluster one time typing rm -rf * .c instead of rm -rf *.c Who would have thought a space would be so important!

By the time I figured out what was taking so long we was doomed to recover.

john