1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions on modding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Goblin Tinkerer, 17 Aug 2004.

1. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Hello agian gang.

I have sevral Irons in the fire and am doing some research on another upcoming project. I Have convinced my rents to let me mod out my little brothers hand me down he is about to get from my dad. So I turn to the superior intelects here at Bit tech for help.

Anyway it is a ASUS P4P800 I865PE S478 with a 3.2 gh pentuim chip in it. I will have to pull it off and see what kind later.

It also has a 9800 pro in it. and 1g of ram. 3 120 hard drives!

I have around $500 to spend on it. Should i try and water cool this bad boy? If so what would be the easiest route for a 1st time water cooler? And also can you even overclock this beast? Probably would help if i find out what kinda chip is in it huh? ok ok hold on. Shoot cant get the stupid intel fan off and the numbers on the fan dont google up anything. All i know is its a p4 3.2 g with an intel fan on it. Ganna have to take it more apart and rip off the fan or put it back together and see if i can find it under my computer.

Any way with what little I have given you guys is there any input?

2. Goblin Tinkerer

Guess you needed more input?

3. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Get CPU-z. northwood = 3.2C, prescott = 3.2E. or you could just get MBM5 and see if the temp is 65C+ (if it is, then its a prescott)

4. Goblin Tinkerer

link wasnt working for me. I will check again or google for it. Thanx though didnt know there was a way to tell.