1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The best gaming cabinet...ever!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 11 Dec 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Nice, I want that cabinet, so long as I get the consoles too, me being so poor as to not even being able to afford a Wii.
    And that COD tat, bonkers, I mean why? It's going to stay with him for life.

3. 13000

13000 Banned

Pretty nifty that cabinet. That tattoo just sucked though.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That cabnet is a genius idea, but he's filled it with whiney 80mm fans. Why does he need fans at all?? Plus the blue doesnt go with the wood; if he really wanted to pimp it out he'd put in some glass sheets for the consoles to sit on and a cathode or some LEDs along the plane.

I like the controller mountings, that's pretty damn awesome.

The TV is far too high though, surely you want it in a straight eyesight of when you're slumped on the sofa?

No cable tidying?

All that money and no half decent sound system?

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Am i the only one that was thinking of a real arcade (aka mame) cabinet, instead of a standard IKEA furniture?

6. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

The woodwork isn't bad, but the full effect is pretty nasty - definitely function rather than form. And I agree about the excess bl00000000000 LED fans. Surely he's only ever going to be playing one console at a time, so the heat isn't going to be extreme. I would have done either a wood cabinet with a smoked or frosted glass door, or a full glass / plexi cabinet with side-lit shelving. I would have put a back panel on with some kind of cable management system, so the box would be sealed all the way round. Then I would either drill the shelves or leave space around them front and back, and fit a blowhole with one or two slow moving 120mm fans at the top to make a chimney drawing fresh air in through vents at the bottom.

7. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Well if he is playing the Wii would it not be more of an advantage to have it at that level?

The cabinet sucks in my opinion. I mean it looks like Ikea junk with some holes cut for 80mm fans. This could be done much better....although the cost of buying all those consoles probably leaves him short of a few £££.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I totally agree with you guys, but then again, Bit-tech sets ridicuously high standards when it comes to modding. We are the Vouge of the modding industry and blue LED fans are oh-so-very-2003.

;) :D:D

9. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I was expecting to see something along the lines of either a MAME cabinet or something like the system MAshie was making for historic PCs

10. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

From the son's point of view, I'd say the Grinch stole his Christmas! :hehe:

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Eh? where did that come from?

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Thats on the news page. At the bottom

13. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

meh, if consoles were more like their older versions they would be easy to stack. you can have a ps2 on the bottom, then a nes, then a 360, wii on that and finally a dreamcast on top..

i used to have something a bit like that one shown but more sideways so you had a gamecube, ps2, xbox on the bottom shelves, dreamcast, dvd and vhs on the next one up. tv on top. crappy 14" tv tho lol, kinda ruined the whole effect

14. mikeuk2004

Would help if I read it all and not just scanned and looked at the pretty pictures.

Why add that to the bottom of your news of a gaming cabinet???

15. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Was just rounding up some of the more misc stories on the web :)

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

what is that console in the bottom... i don't recognize it....
    it is a nice idea... it could be better done.... but it is the intention that counts. :D

17. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Perhaps you are all avoiding it...but am I the ONLY ONE who watched that freaky video?

18. mikeuk2004

mmmm now i have finished work and able to view the links. How to describe that video.............I dunno but im still stuned.

19. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

the tat isnt a cod3 fan tat.... guy told his ink pusher he wanted a battle sceen on his are, pusher said bring in some art. So he did, a cod box. I think it looks good, as far as tatoos go, Hell of a lot better than some tribal arm band ****, at least in 50 years this one will still look like to (wrinkly old ) guys fighting on your arm

20. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

The concept of having a single cabinet made specifically for gaming consoles is awesome, but it's a pitty the result wasn't nicer.

As for the tattoo, I reckon it sucks to be honest. :/

That music completely freaked me out, too. :(

Tags: Add Tags