1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The Black Widow

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 7 Jul 2012.

1. paz45

paz45 What's a Dremel?

Fantasic woodworking skills
    this is gonna be realy awsome ,looking forward to more updates:thumb:

2. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

thanks everyone, am really happy you all like it.
    here are some more pics of the spider afetr sanding and smoothing, also the volume jogger and some temporaray nets for the inner side. temporary because i made them just for a ceratin event where the BLACK WIDOW will have her first exhibition in Nürnberg. they will not remain.
    the first paint is also on, alos only for the first exhibition, afterwards it will be totally changed again. so lets let the pics speak for themselves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the first primer is on and now some sanding again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is just a camo paint for the exhibition, will not be the sam and done with a compressor later on with different water based reds and black, mat and glossy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    selfmade spacers for the iron web-nets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    temporary nets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come

Squigly likes this.
  3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

So ****ing beautifull!

4. dan-mel

dan-mel What's a Dremel?

Amazing stuff, the woodwork is fantastic.

5. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

BRAVO!!! What a great build so far. I actually had something along the lines of the same idea with the metal spider web design. You beat me to IT!!!! Excellent craftsmanship with the complexity.

6. RebootTech

RebootTech Budget? What Budget?

Very cool...I'm looking forward to seeing where the hardware will all end up. Very ambitious...and impressive. :)

7. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Wow....just....wow

8. Arkaridge

Arkaridge What's a Dremel?

Looks amazing. A real work of art in the making. >=O

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Somebody knows how to work with wood - Very VERY nice :thumb:

10. Knighthammer

Knighthammer What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:

Mad woodworking skills - keep the updates coming!

11. abbas-it

Black Widows Continued

hi guys, here some pics, i have painted this mod more than once and these pictures all belong to the worklog even though the BLACK WIDOWs colors are the same but in a different constellation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all water based color were mixed till i liked what i saw, then it was dry and i over pianted it again and again till i liked the colors and rals. wait till you see the final reds, black etc.. in mat and glossy together, swell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i didnt really like red as the dominant color, but here are the results, i changed back to black and red instead if red and black. afterwards, but this all belongs to the worklog.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come..

Last edited: 15 Jul 2012
  12. abbas-it

forgot one pic, here it is
    [​IMG]

13. RustyTool

RustyTool What's a Dremel?

congratsulations. , awesome design , great manu skills !
    atm paintjob is not good enough compared to the magnificent structure. I know it's not finished yet .
    keep up the great work.

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looking good abbas. :rock::clap:

Work in progress & people often don't take a heap of care of taking as high quality a picture as they can during this stage & it really takes extra effort to catch step by step photos especially when the workshop starts getting cluttered up :D but to capture all the things they had to do to get it to it's final look is important for good project logging & he is doing a superb job of doing this, saving the pure eye candy with good lighting for photos & backdrop for the final piece, I believe if the paint job doesn't look as good as expected to some then they might think it's excellent on final shots. ;)

PC had similar paint job & it looked amazing, this will be no different on the amazing factor IMHO, love the complexity of form done so perfect in your projects & another thing that is superb is it wouldn't cost too much for materials as well as being achievable 100% manual, inspiring creating/modding at play. :dremel::clap:

15. RustyTool

RustyTool What's a Dremel?

u can refer to my post m8 and not to "people" generally ... cause I mentioned the non-perfect paint-job
    I can only think of how hard this structure is cause I have never worked on wood . I really admire abbas-its skills ,knowledge and equipment on this.
    think I have a tiny clue about painting as I have painted few cases myself and I think I know what dripping ,bleeding and orange peal effect is.
    my opinion for the paintjob was for the current state of it. I don't know how it will look after being sanded or buffed or polished or resprayed or anything.
    with all the respect , I posted a personal opinion and u r free to agree or disagree with that. every comment/opinion (positive or negative) shall be posted if it's polite.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2012
  16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

17. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Dude, this is a masterpiece:)

18. abbas-it

paintjob

hi everyone, yes the paintjob is just one of the earlier ones. i ould skip to the last one so you could see it, which i think has come out good. but seeing as i experimented and didnt like at least 7 different schemes and techniques, i am posting them because they simply belong to this worklog. i will mention in bold letters when the final on is on and when its posted.
    alle these reds etc were experiments and didnt match the spider lete alone the webs which are by they way also with 9 coats till i was satisfied.
    the good thing is of course, with every layer i gave the case a better priming.
    please everone wait till the final painjob but bear with the preliminary tests too.:D:thumb:

19. doyll

doyll Minimodder

Very nice! A real pleasure to seel

20. abbas-it

hi again everyone, firstly i would again like to mention, this case is actually as well as finished, but what you will see are the pics and painjobs that didnt last long, yes they are terrible but they all belong to the worklog which i am posting so that it is complete somewhere round mid august just before the case modding championships in cologne germany. so the final paintjon and the reasons whe the BLACK WIDOW has such a for and the secrets behing it will be in the last one or two posts.
    once again thes are worklog pics and not the painjobs that made the final.i experimented a lot and only the last one was satisfactory for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    once again, these are not the final pics of the color scheme i now have wait and bear with a few more color schemes till i show you which one made the finals, even the webs too got shades too,,,,,more to come